Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

am i able to replace the stretched apple logo like i can with chameleon? that's my only issue. that, and i'd prefer a quiet boot, if that's at all possible as well.

thanks for the directions. i was able to boot on my first attempt. i updated iWork and ilife, as well as aperture.

Clover don't have Legacy logo function yet. About Quiet boot, enable Fast in Boot section.

Just a few quick tips for some of the people struggling with this install.

If you use the Probook Installer to install your Kexts automatically, ensure that after the installation you re-install the AppleCPUPowerManagement kext from the backup that gets dumped on your desktop.

Ensure that you copy your DSDT.aml from /EXTRA to your EFI partition under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

Your EFI partitions can be mounted and viewed by enabling the debug menu in Disk Utility and clicking on Show all Partitions

Just a few quick tips for some of the people struggling with this install.

If you use the Probook Installer to install your Kexts automatically, ensure that after the installation you re-install the AppleCPUPowerManagement kext from the backup that gets dumped on your desktop.

Ensure that you copy your DSDT.aml from /EXTRA to your EFI partition under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

Your EFI partitions can be mounted and viewed by enabling the debug menu in Disk Utility and clicking on Show all Partitions

I fixed the issue a way back with new Config.plist. SSDT.aml is not necessary in Clover, but if you want it, check out the SSDT section.

EDIT: You can use Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition.

DSDT.aml is not necessary in Clover, but if you want it, check out the SSDT section.

Are you getting AppleUSBXHCI working with USB2/USB3 (multiplex) with using only Clover DSDT autopatch?

Are you getting AppleUSBXHCI working with USB2/USB3 (multiplex) with using only Clover DSDT autopatch?

I don't have USB 3.0 and any other DSDT patch in Clover autopatch. I still rely on your dsdt patch.

I don't have USB 3.0 and any other DSDT patch in Clover autopatch. I still rely on your dsdt patch.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You just said above you don't need DSDT in Clover... Confused?!

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You just said above you don't need DSDT in Clover... Confused?!

It's typo... I mean SSDT.aml, but type DSDT.aml instead :thumbdown:

Btw, can you stick the thread in Probook subforum?

Btw, can you stick the thread in Probook subforum?

Maybe when I get a chance to test it... Frankly, I'm a little confused right from the start, in step 1, because I can't determine where you're creating partitions (is this on the USB installer or are you using Unibeast to create an installer, and this is after launching the OS X installer on the target machine?)

Back