Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Yep. Just tested some older versions and the latest working version seems to be r2681. According to the code changelog, there was a big code cleanup in r2682 and I suspect that this cleanup contains the cause. Also, the problem seems to be not in the bootloader itself, but in any of its EFI modules. Tried several older bootloader versions (pre-r2681) and I've got KP with all of them, using the newest (post-r2684) EFI drivers and there was no problem using them with their own EFI drivers.

So, until the problem has been solved, r2681 is the latest usable version for our ProBooks. All CloverGrowerPro users should use cloverpro -r 2681 to revert the code back to revision r2681 and prepare a new installation package.

Hey philip, nice to hear from you, how are you bro?
Just a question, are you following the PBI CE too? When a stable (official) version will be released?

Thanks!

Just a question, are you following the PBI CE too? When a stable (official) version will be released?

Thanks!

Well, I did clean install with it yesterday. I think it's stable enough already ;).

Yep. Just tested some older versions and the latest working version seems to be r2681. According to the code changelog, there was a big code cleanup in r2682 and I suspect that this cleanup contains the cause. Also, the problem seems to be not in the bootloader itself, but in any of its EFI modules. Tried several older bootloader versions (pre-r2681) and I've got KP with all of them, using the newest (post-r2684) EFI drivers and there was no problem using them with their own EFI drivers.

So, until the problem has been solved, r2681 is the latest usable version for our ProBooks. All CloverGrowerPro users should use cloverpro -r 2681 to revert the code back to revision r2681 and prepare a new installation package.

Might be solved, please test with r2688+.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=40478

r2689 is usable.

Thanks!

Been busy the last two months, but should have more free time from now on. nguyenmac has sent me the current PBI CE code, but the only thing I've examined so far is the Clover config generator script and I think a new one can be made. So, the stable version will be released when it's ready.

Hi I just got mine a 8470p. Mavericks installation went smooth and now I'm looking to make the wifi working.

I got some local seller selling AR5BXB63 is it compatible with our probook? thanks in advance

Hi I just got mine a 8470p. Mavericks installation went smooth and now I'm looking to make the wifi working.

I got some local seller selling AR5BXB63 is it compatible with our probook? thanks in advance

AR5BXB63 (ar2425) is not compatible with OS X.

Has anyone else noticed slow gnu performance on pro book 4540s (Intel Hd 4000) with clover pbi ? I don't know for sure but i think i remember games to run faster when i was using the chameleon installation method. I have 2 games one is bastion and the other is The Mark of Ninja . The Mark of ninja is basically 2D and it is very slow . Bastion is slow as well. In the requirements it says that it needs only 256mb gram ( Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, 2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM, 256MB VRAM) . My system outperforms these with 8gb ram , and 1024mb [FONT=Lucida Grande, lucida, arial, sans-serif]gram[/FONT]

Hi, Philip I was thinking if it is possible to make a soft that can integrate the normal version on PBI and the PBI CE.? is that posibile? And when you install your configuration to chose what you want...Chameleon , Chimeara or Cover. It would be nice to have it al in one app.

Hi, Philip I was thinking if it is possible to make a soft that can integrate the normal version on PBI and the PBI CE.? is that posibile? And when you install your configuration to chose what you want...Chameleon , Chimeara or Cover. It would be nice to have it al in one app.

I dont agree, I have no intention of using anything but clover for now, so no point for me to use any PBI other than Clover version, why have a box to tick that somebody is bound to accidentally get wrong then cause problems.

We talked about this (philip_petev and myself) a while back and decided it is better to keep them separate. Combining the two tools would make it more complex to use for both sets of users.

Back