CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
HD 5750
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You can enable legacy os boot (in the guide), but I recommend reinstall Windows 8+ UEFI for better UEFI support.

For Windows 7, I think Chameleon is still simpler to set up.

Does your guide to migrate from Chameleon to Clover work keeping the Windows 7 partition ?

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.2 GHz
Graphics
MSI AMD R9 390X Gaming 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Heya, followed your guide and Disk Utility can't erase a partition to HFS+J, says something about mediakit and not having enough space on drive (it's a 220-ish-GB partition...).

Also, just to see what would happen, I went ahead with the installer and after it asks me to hookup to the net it errors out and says that it cant find a recovery image for my machine and to contact applecare. I'm assuming this has to do with the serial numbers in the config.plist but I'm not really sure.

I've installed OS X on many a PC's before but never on any UEFI compatible ones. I'm trying this on a Elitebook 8470p with the intel GPU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Heya, followed your guide and Disk Utility can't erase a partition to HFS+J, says something about mediakit and not having enough space on drive (it's a 220-ish-GB partition...).

Also, just to see what would happen, I went ahead with the installer and after it asks me to hookup to the net it errors out and says that it cant find a recovery image for my machine and to contact applecare. I'm assuming this has to do with the serial numbers in the config.plist but I'm not really sure.

I've installed OS X on many a PC's before but never on any UEFI compatible ones. I'm trying this on a Elitebook 8470p with the intel GPU.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can confirm this guide works flawlessly with the 8470p

If you have a windows partition on the drive, that was formatted outside OSX that may be your issue, your best bet is to format the whole drive rather than just a partition if thats what your trying? as you may well have a MBR rather than GPT.

Make sure your following this guide only, and not from other sites etc, legitimate download of OSX, not one thats modified in any way.

good luck :)

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that my drive is a GPT partitioned drive. The partition I'm trying to partition to HFS+J is unformated. I have a ESP/EFI partition, an unformated partition, a MSR, and then the Windows partition.

Maybe the image didn't restore correctly, so I'll try again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that my drive is a GPT partitioned drive. The partition I'm trying to partition to HFS+J is unformated. I have a ESP/EFI partition, an unformated partition, a MSR, and then the Windows partition.

If that fails, try formatting it to HFS in linux, then enable journalling in OSX after, I recall having to do that once, but can't remember why, worth a shot once your sure everything else is in order :)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the reply.

OS X does not deal with disks partitioned outside of OS X. It is best to do all partitioning with OS X Disk Utility instead.

Sometimes you can work around by creating a "place holder" partition (eg. in Windows diskmgmt.msc) as FAT32, then re-format (instead of deleting/creating a partition) inside Disk Utility as HFS+J. I did this with my Lenovo u430 to add OS X to an already OEM installed Windows8. I still can't do any partitioning tasks within OS X, but I was able to format the target partition and install. Eventually, I will re-partition w/in OS X and re-install/re-image Windows such that OS X Disk Utility can properly manipulate the partitioning.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I think I know what the problem is... I didn't extract the BaseSystem.dmg correctly. I can't use the Terminal command right now because all I have running are my PPC Macs. So I'm doing it the manual way. I'll let you know how it goes but I might have to wait till after Midnight my time, I have to go to work soon lol. :banghead:

EDIT: Installed now... I decided to just use another SATA drive I had laying around. The only thing that doesn't work is logging into the App Store to download stuff... I've looked at a bunch of guides to no avail. Any help with that? Thanks.

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you do step 15?

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sigh... I did. Just did it again and it worked? So yeah, every things a go on here now. Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a Multiport HDD adapter to replace the CD drive in here so I can have two drives.

Thanks for helping guys. Great tutorial!