Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
1. Find your vender id and product id. TO do this go to system profiler and look under USB to find your dongle.

2.Convert the vender id and product id from hexadecimal to decimal, use any online converter.

3. Find your IOBluetoothFamily.kext in /S/L/E , make a copy and place it on your desktop. Navigate into the .kext package to: IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents.

4. Open Info.plist and copy a <key> tag down to a </dict> tag. Then paste this code below the one you copyed. Now enter your vender id and product id into the tags. Save.

5. With a kext installer, install the .kext, rebuild and repair permissions, then reboot.

6. The checkbox under wake from sleep in bluetooth preferences should no longer be grayed out.

EDIT
I made a mistake on the install path, its fixed now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 3.07.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 3.07.26 AM.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 734
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 10.20.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 10.20.35 AM.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 700
  • Copy this.png
    Copy this.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 820
Hey, I've tried your guide here in hopes that it would fix my issues of my magic mouse not initiallizing properly on wake or boot. I have to go into sys prefs and re-pair every time. Bit of a headache, but not too bad I guess...

Curious though, because my device ID in USB profiler was 0x0001 and when I used the hex-dec. calculator, I got 1 as a device ID, not a four character number. I'm about to reboot, but I noticed that another had a similar issue and I was just curious if that's normal...

Anyway, *crosses fingers*

J

Im not positive but i believe that the 0001 id means that your dongle is not fully supported for Lion, but don't quote me.

Ya, I tried using your guide and wasn't successful in getting the grayed out box to appear. I have a feeling that you might be right about the dongle. However, I seem to have fixed my issues of having the mouse not connect properly by reverting the 10.6.8 bluetooth kexts. I had to figure out that all three needed to be installed for it to work without causing kp's, but finally I think I've managed a solution. I may try this guide again, but also have to see if Kensington has some literature on the subject. May be something I'm missing.

Thanks for your help all the same!

J

I just tried this as well.

Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.05 PM.png

Code:
BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE:

Product ID:	0x016a
  Vendor ID:	0x050d  (Belkin Corporation)

Translates to:

Code:
  Product ID:	362
  Vendor ID:	1293

Which in the kext becomes:

Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.58 PM.png

Still no go unfortunately - it is still grayed out after putting it in Kexts Utility to install and rebooting...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.05 PM.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 546
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 6.27.58 PM.png
    55 KB · Views: 517
Never mind,

I didn't account for the terminals word wrapping in nano when copying the <dict> <key> for my USB.

To other users, you should not have an trailing $. This means that the line has been truncated.
Make sure you expand your terminal window fully if doing this through terminal window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back