Contribute
Register

Guide to fix Synaptics on sierra 10.12.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my trackpad connected via USB? i.e. neither PS2 not I2C??
upload_2018-12-7_23-1-54.png

It is USB.

I think it is, but I can't seem to find any guides on how to get USB track pads to work. Is it possible? Can you link me to any guide? Google search isn't helping too :/

I think it is, but I can't seem to find any guides on how to get USB track pads to work. Is it possible? Can you link me to any guide? Google search isn't helping too :/

Would require a custom driver.
I've heard that I2C kexts have some support for USB. You should read about it.

@RehabMan, can you tell me whether this guide will work with Mojave, I am currently using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad that identifies the trackpad but god its awful to use. Touches are sometimes registered twice, drag and drop is awful and additional gestures just doesn't work. If this guide does not apply to my laptop for Mojave, can you please guide me to the one that would be valid?

Regards
TheFishBlub

@RehabMan, can you tell me whether this guide will work with Mojave, I am currently using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad that identifies the trackpad but god its awful to use. Touches are sometimes registered twice, drag and drop is awful and additional gestures just doesn't work. If this guide does not apply to my laptop for Mojave, can you please guide me to the one that would be valid?

Regards
TheFishBlub

Refer to the guide:

Refer to the guide:

Exactly which section am I looking at? Mojave is installed and everything is working just want to make trackpad more useable. Also I have already got the VoodooPS2Controller.

Exactly which section am I looking at? Mojave is installed and everything is working just want to make trackpad more useable. Also I have already got the VoodooPS2Controller.

If you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.
None attached.
Read FAQ:

The guide previously linked has a link to the current VoodooPS2Controller.kext build.

Hi Rehabman, why with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext my trackpad get very high velocity and with VoodooPS2 not?
Is to much slow, if compare with SmartTouchPad, in 2 fingers scrolling to navigate on web.
Its very nice to be use Voodoo because my keyboard was complete with your kext!!
Lenovo Thinkpad E470 with 10.14.3
Would be fix to me, please?

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman, why with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext my trackpad get very high velocity and with VoodooPS2 not?
Is to much slow, if compare with SmartTouchPad, in 2 fingers scrolling to navigate on web.
Its very nice to be use Voodoo because my keyboard was complete with your kext!!
Lenovo Thinkpad E470 with 10.14.3
Would be fix to me, please?

I have no experience with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and no plans to ever use it (as it is closed source in violation of the APSL).

VoodooPS2Controller.kext can be configured as you like (in SysPrefs or by overriding various Info.plist settings with ACPI). For ACPI overrides refer to *.dsl in the github repo for examples.

Note that VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not optimized for ELAN hardware. Full source is available if you would like to add better support for ELAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back