Contribute
Register

Guide to fix Synaptics on sierra 10.12.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the clumsiness, I used the tool and here are the files. Hope they suffice.

Attachments

• debug_10124.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 117
Sorry for the clumsiness, I used the tool and here are the files. Hope they suffice.

Your kextcache proves that both VoodooPS2Controller.kext and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext are installed.
You cannot combine these two kexts... Choose one or the other only.

Also, your ACPI has no object for a trackpad (no "PNP0F").

My BIOS is up-to-date (just checked).
Or perhaps your trackpad is not PS2.
I tried using VoodooI2C along with I2C-HID along with different Windows patches, yet the trackpad didn't work. Can I safely use VoodooI2C with VoodooPS2? (as keyboard functionality depends on it)

Hay, I tried out VoodooI2C and it didn't work. The dev said my laptop doesn't have I2C trackpad as my IOREG or DSDT didn't show / write about I2C device like TPD0, ETPD or PNP0C50.

So my trackpad is indeed PS2, but seems to be unsupported by VoodooPS2. Is there any fix for this?

Hay, I tried out VoodooI2C and it didn't work. The dev said my laptop doesn't have I2C trackpad as my IOREG or DSDT didn't show / write about I2C device like TPD0, ETPD or PNP0C50.

So my trackpad is indeed PS2, but seems to be unsupported by VoodooPS2. Is there any fix for this?

Check in Windows (Device Manager) to be certain you understand how your trackpad is connected.

Here's what Device manager says, but I can't understand it well enough!
upload_2018-12-5_21-0-48.png

And here is what the Synaptics HID looks like
upload_2018-12-5_21-1-32.png

Any leads which I could follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back