Contribute
Register

[GUIDE-to-be]Gigabyte Z170-HD3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, I've read elsewhere that nvmegeneric does not work on sierra.

Did you end up putting HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext in the kext/10.12 directory and keep the nvmegeneric in the 10.11 directory?
I used an external SSD to install sierra (did not need NVMe support for that), then build there the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext and put it in EFI/Clover/kexts/other/ then rebooting and clone the system from external SSD to the internal NVMe SSD + copying EFI contents.

There is no need of nvmegeneric.kext anymore if you go this way.

I've succeeded in getting Sierra up and running.

I ended up using KextToPatch info here for booting from the NVMe: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/20...t-bin-patch-data/comment-page-1/#comment-5855.

Booted the installer without Caches and with Kext Injection. I had to manually re install the nvidea web drivers (Do not use the update via system preferences) and use the new NvideaWeb flag in Clover.

On thing I noticed is that my RAM speed is no longer correct. I went back down to 2132 from 2400. Did this happen to anyone? Perhaps an easy fix?

in my case (same mobo) the USB 3.0 ports are working with 5Gb/s - have the standard kexts from Unibeast 7.0.1 for USB.

So, USBInjectAll only then.

Last edited:
in my case (same mobo) the USB 3.0 ports are working with 5Gb/s - have the standard kexts from Unibeast 7.0.1 for USB.

In my case, they show up in System Info that they are 5Gbit but testing the speed only get 17Mb/s max (USB 2.0).

Followed this guide here and Audio is back! Thanks, @toleda !!! You're the man - once again!
How did you follow that guide exactly? I tried but it failed.
BTW, yes, finally I did update to Sierra, but I installed it from scratch in another disk (so my procedure was different to yours, as you updated from 10.11). So I have now a 10.11.6 installation and a 10.12.6 installation, but the later without sound :(

EDIT: Audio magically appeared when I switched on the computer today.

BTW: Any advance with the USB3 ports? Or the solution is to use the red one at the back? (not a huge problem for me, as I have the box over the desk)... Oh, and did you try to play with the USB Legacy setting at the BIOS? I think I have it as legacy enabled IIRC.

Last edited:
Hey asiga!

Sadly my macOS SSD is benched at the moment, as I needed it for another project.

USB Legacy is also enabled for me in BIOS. Disabling it did not make any difference whatsoever, so I just left it enabled.
If I come across another SSD I'll be restoring my image so I can try and update to 10.12.6 and then hopefully to High Sierra when it finally comes out to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back