RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Makes sense, I've read elsewhere that nvmegeneric does not work on sierra.

Did you end up putting HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext in the kext/10.12 directory and keep the nvmegeneric in the 10.11 directory?
I used an external SSD to install sierra (did not need NVMe support for that), then build there the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext and put it in EFI/Clover/kexts/other/ then rebooting and clone the system from external SSD to the internal NVMe SSD + copying EFI contents.

There is no need of nvmegeneric.kext anymore if you go this way.

Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 950
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've succeeded in getting Sierra up and running.

I ended up using KextToPatch info here for booting from the NVMe: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/20...t-bin-patch-data/comment-page-1/#comment-5855.

Booted the installer without Caches and with Kext Injection. I had to manually re install the nvidea web drivers (Do not use the update via system preferences) and use the new NvideaWeb flag in Clover.

On thing I noticed is that my RAM speed is no longer correct. I went back down to 2132 from 2400. Did this happen to anyone? Perhaps an easy fix?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
CPU
Core i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte 1080 Ti OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
in my case (same mobo) the USB 3.0 ports are working with 5Gb/s - have the standard kexts from Unibeast 7.0.1 for USB.

So, USBInjectAll only then.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
CPU
Core i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte 1080 Ti OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
in my case (same mobo) the USB 3.0 ports are working with 5Gb/s - have the standard kexts from Unibeast 7.0.1 for USB.

In my case, they show up in System Info that they are 5Gbit but testing the speed only get 17Mb/s max (USB 2.0).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 HD3P
CPU
6700K @ 4GHz
Graphics
Pascal Titan X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Followed this guide here and Audio is back! Thanks, @toleda !!! You're the man - once again!
How did you follow that guide exactly? I tried but it failed.
BTW, yes, finally I did update to Sierra, but I installed it from scratch in another disk (so my procedure was different to yours, as you updated from 10.11). So I have now a 10.11.6 installation and a 10.12.6 installation, but the later without sound :(

EDIT: Audio magically appeared when I switched on the computer today.

BTW: Any advance with the USB3 ports? Or the solution is to use the red one at the back? (not a huge problem for me, as I have the box over the desk)... Oh, and did you try to play with the USB Legacy setting at the BIOS? I think I have it as legacy enabled IIRC.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hey asiga!

Sadly my macOS SSD is benched at the moment, as I needed it for another project.

USB Legacy is also enabled for me in BIOS. Disabling it did not make any difference whatsoever, so I just left it enabled.
If I come across another SSD I'll be restoring my image so I can try and update to 10.12.6 and then hopefully to High Sierra when it finally comes out to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.