Contribute
Register

[Guide] Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) 20LD with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello~ I'm curious about the touchscreen , is it i2c-hid device or usb-hid device?
Moreover , does the multitouch gesture on the touchscreen conflict with the stylus input?
thanks.

Edit : the information is on another post

Last edited:
Hello~ I'm curious about the touchscreen , is it i2c-hid device or usb-hid device?
Moreover , does the multitouch gesture on the touchscreen conflict with the stylus input?
thanks.
He have a basic touch functions using voodooPS2 drivers, so it's probably PS2 device. I have X1 Tablet (3rd Gen) and my touchscreen is i2c hid device with full multitouch and the stylus works as a mouse.

He have a basic touch functions using voodooPS2 drivers, so it's probably PS2 device. I have X1 Tablet (3rd Gen) and my touchscreen is i2c hid device with full multitouch and the stylus works as a mouse.
Thanks for your reply! You should write a tutorial about thinkpad x1 tablet lol
I think the voodoops2 driver is used to make the touchpad working XD
Most of the touchscreen are either i2c-hid or usb-hid...
I have miix-520 and it also has i2c-hid touchscreen!

Thank you for you guide , shockingpants!!!

Trackpoint is overly sensitive with VoodooPS2, I don't recommend using it unless the trackpad fails randomly.
according to https://github.com/littlegtplr/Hackintosh-X230-macOS/issues/1 , reduce the trackpoint sensitivity by modifying that version's VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist : change all MouseMultiplierX and MouseMultiplierY to 2

also , the VoodooPS2Controller.kext support three finger touch = keyboard shortcut (eg. three fingers swipe up equal to ctrl+option+up key) , leftclick , right click and middle click
I use Bettertouchtool to setup their function.

Touchscreen
from the system report , the touchscreen and stylus pen is connected by internal usb(usb-hid) , the usb vendorID(VID)/productID(PID) = 0x056A/0x5146 (I've post a photo)
By default , the touchscreen only support single touch without any driver installed, but if you buy touch-base updd gesture driver , you will have multitouch function on touchscreen.

Follow this quick guide. There are essentially 3 steps to enable brightness control (slider in sys pref/display)
  1. a single pre-built AppleBacklightInjector.kext
  2. a patch for AppleBacklight in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
    Code:
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>RiV1VCUwNHgA</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>RiV1VHh4eHgA</data>
    </dict>
    It can be found in config_patches.plist from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config.
  3. Update (Mojave). In the patch, change <46257554 25303478 00> to <46257554 25303478> instead.
  4. Add SSDT-PNLF.aml to activate the AppleBacklight.kext
Just a small update:):) , the new kext in rehabman's guide is AppleBacklightFixup.kext , and no longer need a patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

Attachments

• IMG_8282.JPG
    IMG_8282.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I've record an video about the touch-base updd driver

from the system report , the touchscreen and stylus pen is connected by internal usb(usb-hid) , the usb vendorID(VID)/productID(PID) = 0x056A/0x5146 (I've post a photo)
By default , the touchscreen only support single touch without any driver installed, but if you buy touch-base updd gesture driver , you will have multitouch function on touchscreen.
You should have native multitouch support with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID (HID satellite works for USB too).
There's no need to purchase the UPDD software if you're happy with VoodooI2C's multitouch + VoodooI2CHID touchscreen handling (Usually it's great).

BTW, VoodooI2C has support for UPDD as a multitouch engine, in case of I2C touchscreens. Not your case, but worth mentioning.
That said, VoodooI2C's multitouch engine should be good for touchscreens as well.

You should have native multitouch support with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID (HID satellite works for USB too).
There's no need to purchase the UPDD software if you're happy with VoodooI2C's multitouch + VoodooI2CHID touchscreen handling (Usually it's great).

BTW, VoodooI2C has support for UPDD as a multitouch engine, in case of I2C touchscreens. Not your case, but worth mentioning.
That said, VoodooI2C's multitouch engine should be good for touchscreens as well.

Thank you , @ben9923

In fact , I have a miix-520 tablet , using voodooi2c + voodooi2chid kext , and can use multitouch on touchscreen ; However , as the multitouch conflict (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-102#post-1953626 , https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/issues/188) seems to trouble me when I want to use the multitouch and pen , so I spent a lot of time searching for another choice , and finally decide to buy thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd to hack. (Edit : the voodooi2c implementation on this machines' touchscreen don't have this issue at all , great!)

I've record several video to compare touch-base driver and voodooi2c in my youtube channel , comparing the multitouch gesture , pen performance(touch-base driver have pen pressure sensitivity)... etc. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVLJUv2nHImPS5CbaUuyKQ?view_as=subscriber

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thank you , @ben9923

In fact , I have a miix-520 tablet , using voodooi2c + voodooi2chid kext , and can use multitouch on touchscreen ; However , as the multitouch conflict (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-102#post-1953626 , https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/issues/188) seems to trouble me when I want to use the multitouch and pen , so I spent a lot of time searching for another choice , and finally decide to buy thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd to hack.

I've record several video to compare touch-base driver and voodooi2c in my youtube channel , comparing the multitouch gesture , pen performance(touch-base driver have pen pressure sensitivity)... etc. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVLJUv2nHImPS5CbaUuyKQ?view_as=subscriber

Thanks again.
Oh, I see.
Hopefully the VoodooI2CHID touchscreen code will be updated to support such cases.

update
DSDT patch : add
, use [usb3] 0x6d Skylake patch to disable wake from usb

SMBIOS : choose macbookpro 14.1

DW1560 bluetooth fix : I fix the bluetooth issue by GridH kext

Sound : still have wake up issue , need ALCPlugfix , I failed to fix it

CPU frequency : instead of opening hwp by myself , I use one-key-cpufriend

HiDPI : use one-key-hidpi

Sleep
  1. my bios is 1.30 , which implement sleep natively without any patch Update to bios version after 1.35 and choose Linux under sleep mode for S3 sleep , Windows for modern standby
  2. but there is a chance that my laptop cannot sleep(in pmset -g log , it shows Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] due to XDCI/) edit : see post 41
  3. if you close the lid to sleep , after wake up touchscreen will not usable , the solution is
    1. quickly close/open the lid
    2. in linux forum there is a fix , but I don't know how to implement it
  4. My setting
    1. 416166
    2. 416167
    3. 416168

Touchpad : you can use rehabman's voodoops2controller , or acidanthera , syscl version : edit , the acidanthera version is recommended.

Last edited:
Oh, I see.
Hopefully the VoodooI2CHID touchscreen code will be updated to support such cases.
@ben9923 great news!!!
The usb-hid touchscreen , with voodooi2c&voodooi2chid kext , don't have that issue on my miix-520 tablet(i2c-hid touchscreen)
So now the touchscreen works flawlessly~~~
Great~~~

Now just only one question.
If I use acidanthera or syscl voodoops2controller to support my synaptic touchpad , will the kext conflict with voodooi2c?
Those two version of voodoops2 support native 1,2,3 finger gesture for apple touchpad.
Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back