Contribute
Register

[Guide] Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) 20LD with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kkk here you are
If you encounter problems using this efi , please open a new thread rather than asking question under this thread.

Also , @blackandcold , can you help me check whether you can open hidpi under resolution 1920*1080 ? Thanks.

Due to some unknown reason , after I upgrade the system(from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6), the highest hidpi under my laptop screen(2K) is limited to 1440*810 , however the external monitor don't have this limit...

Did try that, did not work in any way. Same symptoms as before.

Resolution was fine. I'm about to sell my stuff so no further testing possible.
Thanks for the run!

Did try that, did not work in any way. Same symptoms as before.
Noo...

Resolution was fine.
So you can use the 1920*1080 hidpi ?
Can you help taking a look at my efi and maybe point out the error which leads to my resolution problem?(I couldn't use 1920*1080 hidpi in my laptop , with 1440*810 hidpi works just fine)

I'm about to sell my stuff so no further testing possible.
Thanks for the run!
So sad...
Almost everyone owing this laptop end up selling it and use another laptop instead.
I'm a fourth grade medical student who is obscessed with 2in1 laptop , and this baby might be the most perfect 2in1 hackintosh exist in the world.
However I don't have enough technical background knowledge , so I'll be very , very appreciated if you stay with us...

So you can use the 1920*1080 hidpi ?

Can you help taking a look at my efi and maybe point out the error which leads to my resolution problem?(I couldn't use 1920*1080 hidpi in my laptop , with 1440*810 hidpi works just fine)

I'm a fourth grade medical student who is obscessed with 2in1 laptop , and this baby might be the most perfect 2in1 hackintosh exist in the world.
However I don't have enough technical background knowledge , so I'll be very , very appreciated if you stay with us...

1080p worked - I used hackingtool to extract the right framebuffer settings (see my older posts in this thread) and put those into my plist. I'm myself not that involoved to change low level stuff in efi.

I feel you! I love this gem, but it is for me way too expensive and I have the fear of breaking it. So I downgraded back to my already broken t450s (Manjaro + Plasma, no Hackintosh) and I'm using an iPad for the writing. You are right that this is currently one of the most perfect 2in1 :)

Hope you can fix the remaining issues!
PS: check the T480 and T480s threads, they have similar hardware and solutions

Hi there, just wanting to know if all trackpad gestures are working (2 fingers, 3 fingers, 4 fingers). I don't have a X1Y3 (yet) but I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy one, and my decision is totally based on how well the gestures work. I know that most hackintosh lack of gestures, but I'm hopping that this model does. Also it is a big plus that X1Y3 has a glass trackpad. Hope someone can give me some help soon, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi there, just wanting to know if all trackpad gestures are working (2 fingers, 3 fingers, 4 fingers). I don't have a X1Y3 (yet) but I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy one, and my decision is totally based on how the well the gestures work. I know that most hackintosh lack of gestures, but I'm hopping that this model does. Also it is a big plus that X1Y3 has a glass trackpad. Hope someone can give me some help soon, thanks in advance!
Yes , it has 1-4 fingers gestures, using acidanthera voodoops2 driver.

Has anyone been able to upgrade the OS and also use opencore? I'm looking to purchase one shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back