CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm realy looking into making this work but I was unable to install or boot mojave with either jamesxxx1997 or shockingpants config.
you really need a other ssd - the original is not compatible. If you have, any other information on the problem?

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty x370 Gaming K4
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
What does “miss the dataprovider” mean?
The one-key-cpufriend script generates two Kexts ,cpufriend and dataprovider , both of them should be installed.

May I ask are you using the clover I uploaded?
How do you configure the TB3 related option?
For another user report that using my usb ssdt , the thunderbolt device isn’t usable :(
Thanks.
I just copied cpufriend kext from the hackingtool dump. The script in the repo does help tho ;)

I don't use your uploaded clover but built it myself. I don't config tb3 since there is not much to config. Just using the kext.
Sometimes I have a kernel panic at shutdown that may be related to tb3 - I keep you updated.

you really need a other ssd - the original is not compatible. If you have, any other information on the problem?
Hi,
I have changed the ssd for a m.2 970 evo from Samsung. I can’t get the installer to boot using the clover setup from James repo. I get a kernel crash about Framebuffer. If you could share yours maybe I can get it working.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just copied cpufriend kext from the hackingtool dump. The script in the repo does help tho ;)

I don't use your uploaded clover but built it myself. I don't config tb3 since there is not much to config. Just using the kext.
Sometimes I have a kernel panic at shutdown that may be related to tb3 - I keep you updated.
Which kext do you use to enable TB3?
If you have time , can you help me try my new clover ?
CrazyPegasus help me patch my clover , so it is likely to have tb3 hotplug , even after wake from sleep.
1571070088113.png

And now this hotpatch file seems to have some issue , hope you can help me fix it :)
1. Sometimes screen flickers , I guess this problem is related to wrong graphic patch but don't know how to fix it.
2. Kernel panic happens when connected the external 1080P monitor to laptop via type C dock ; Connected directly through HDMI port works normal.

Motherboard
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Addition to Hibernation:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

Using https://github.com/shockingpants/ThinkpadX1Y3/tree/master/ACPI/USBInjectAll_Custom_SSDT .aml in my patched folder in clover efi
and the patch for my DSDT from mentioned https://gist.github.com/litewarp/1a91726219402ab878d68647ba1be53b (commenting out the _S3 definition since it was already there! - see comment in gist)

I was able to implement sleep too.

Before: 55min. 94% down to 77% => 18% or 5.5h total
Now: 47min. 100% down to 100% => :D it works

Almost perfect build now! TB3 hotplug would still be nice tho
Checking HDMI next and remapping of Print key

Motherboard
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
I have changed the ssd for a m.2 970 evo from Samsung. I can’t get the installer to boot using the clover setup from James repo. I get a kernel crash about Framebuffer. If you could share yours maybe I can get it working.
Try using the
"invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678)" worked for me to install (leads to some graphic glitches and 14MB framebuffer but can be fixed afterwards) - found in original guide. Did you read through that? Is your bios up to date? You can't just copy the patched folder - you have to dump you own and apply the patches afterwards

I have the 970 evo 1TB

Edit: what do I need to remove from the config.plist? My serial number or?

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Which kext do you use to enable TB3?
If you have time , can you help me try my new clover ?
CrazyPegasus help me patch my clover , so it is likely to have tb3 hotplug , even after wake from sleep.
View attachment 430551

And now this hotpatch file seems to have some issue , hope you can help me fix it :)
1. Sometimes screen flickers , I guess this problem is related to wrong graphic patch but don't know how to fix it.
2. Kernel panic happens when connected the external 1080P monitor to laptop via type C dock ; Connected directly through HDMI port works normal.
seems you are ahead of me!
I don't have the controller listed in PCI if there is no device attached before boot! (needs to be cold boot, restart doesn't work)

I use SSDT-THBT.aml - sorry not a kext, my bad.

Motherboard
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Another update: fixing overly sensitive trackpoint is easy!
As suggested by https://github.com/littlegtplr/Hackintosh-X230-macOS/issues/1

I went into /L/E/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
change MouseMultiplierX and MouseMultiplierY to 2 - saved as sudo, ran Kext Utility.app and rebooted.
Trackpoint is now normal speed and usable!

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
seems you are ahead of me!
I don't have the controller listed in PCI if there is no device attached before boot! (needs to be cold boot, restart doesn't work)

I use SSDT-THBT.aml - sorry not a kext, my bad.
Can you help test my clover file , using TB3 device , and test the hotplug(and after wake from sleep) ?
Thanks.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
R5 2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you help test my clover file , using TB3 device , and test the hotplug(and after wake from sleep) ?
Thanks.
yes sure, what are the changes?
I'd like to only take over the TB3 related stuff