Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia 740 SC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello everyone,
Now that I was coming off Yosemite and my SSD failed and had to totally redo my system, I wanted to finally put together a guide that is more simple to me than other guides I've gone through. Something more detailed and cohesive. Hope it helps!! At the bottom of my guide I have a section called "Issues". I would like to catalog any issues people run into and how to solve them, sort of like the comprehensives issue list. Decide beforehand if you are going Legacy route or UEFI. This guide is more aimed towards UEFI, but it should work if you just ignore me mentioning UEFI and select the legacy options instead. Good luck!!

1. Follow guide for Unibeast USB drive (Mac)
Note: this is on tonymac, it will walk you through getting the install file for Mac OS and setting it up as a bootable drive

2. If desired flash bios/delete boot options to clear any existing OS in lists. Load optimzied defaults, set all needed bios options (may require a little bit of research for your specific mother board)

3. Take out dedicated graphics card and all drives besides the one you're installing to (removing hard drives is not needed unless you didn't disable it in step 2 (this is just a simpler/physical way of doing the same thing))

4. Boot from UEFI Unibeast USB you made in step 1

5. Boot into Mac OS installer off of Unibeast USB. If you make it to installer, go to utilities at the top and format your hard drive. Run through the installer process. (If you have an issue getting to the Mac OS installer, make sure you followed the steps exactly or try switching USB drive to a USB 2.0 port, a different USB port, or removing any peripherals. If none of that works, you may have to find certain boot flags that will help you.)

Note: Installer will restart once. When it does, if you are installing another OS on a DIFFERENT (Not same) drive, keep the system powered off during reboot and connect the other drive (while keeping the one you already have)

6. Boot from Unibeast USB again, but choose Mac OS on the hard drive you installed it to (NOT the installer off the USB again)

Note for Step 7: If you are restoring a Time Machine Backup, make sure you have the USB/Drive with the backup on it connected before booting up and finishing install. Time Machine restore will be done in step 7

7. Finish install of Mac OS/setup of user account or Time Machine restore (If you are restoring from an earlier system ex. Yosemite) You may create a conflict as I did with the kexts. Possibly Ev0reboot.kext. I am trying to find a fix right now)

8. When the Mac OS/account setup process is completed, or when your restore has completed, your computer will either be rebooted or brought into the desktop. If you are rebooted, boot off the Unibeast USB again, selecting to boot into Mac OS install on your hard drive. Everyone at the desktop now? Good

STOP: If you are installing a 2nd OS (Windows/Linux) Do NOT reboot yet and do NOT run Multibeast yet. Go right to Step 9 and follow it exactly how it's written. If you are not, skip to step 14

9. For multi-booting OS's, open Disk Utility and partition (If it is the same drive as Mac OS) or format (If it is different) the drive to make a space for the Windows install (or other os).You must partition it and install the other OS before running Multibeast. Do not worry about Multibeast yet.

10. This step will take you through setting up a bootable USB drive for Windows 10.

Boot into a windows computer, download and use the Microsoft MediaCreationTool to download a Windows 10 iso file. Select that you will install it to a DVD later.
Take the file, put it on another USB drive that you will use for your Windows install. Connect the Windows 10 iso USB to your Hackintosh and then boot from your Unibeast USB, into the Mac OS on your boot drive.

Once you reach the desktop, drag your Windows 10 iso to your Mac desktop. Open BootCamp Assistant. The next step is to create a bootable USB drive with BootCamp. However, for me this option was not there and I had to go onto my MacBook's BootCamp, where the option was available. If you can't get it to work or have no way to do this, you need to try to set up the USB in Windows with a program named Rufus. There are guides for that, but I won't mention the steps because when I tried doing it that way, it did not work for me. Tonymac himself said he had success doing it with Bootcamp as well as myself. In BootCamp, select your Windows 10 USB as the place to install to, and then choose your iso file on your desktop. It should run through the process of making the bootable USB.

11. Once BootCamp finishes, reboot off of the Windows 10 USB. It should show up in the boot options. (If this or any other USB has problems showing up as a boot option, check your Legacy/UEFI options.) Boot into Windows installer

12. When you get to the drive/partition menu in the Windows install, click on the partition you made earlier (or the different drive you are installing it to) and click delete. You shouldn't need to hit format, just click next. The Windows installer should run through the install process. If there are any reboots, make sure to catch your boot options as it restarts and boot back into the Windows USB. On the final shutdown/restart go to the next step.

13. Boot off your Unibeast USB, boot into your Windows install on your drive/partition (it may say EFI or Legacy Windows, choose the one that is appropriate, for me it is EFI) Install the chipset drivers, any thunderbolt drivers you may need, and so forth. Do not install any dedicated graphics drivers. Shutdown and reboot off of your Unibeast USB one last time (hopefully). Boot into Mac OS on the drive (Not off USB)

14. Run Multibeast off of your Unibeast USB. Select the kexts that correspond with your devices and the bootloader, UEFI or Legacy.

For mine I did -
FakeSMCkext (absolutely needed)
Bootloader - Clover UEFI
FakeSMC
Audio - Realtek 1150
Network - Most recent Apple one
USB - 7/8/9 series
Mac - 3,1
Install Nvidia Web/dedicated drivers if needed. Shutdown.

15. If you have a dedicated graphics card, physically install it now. Boot up. Get into BIOS/UEFI setup, disable integrated graphics (recommended) and set your PCIE slot for your dedicated graphics (Nvidia for me) as your default display option.

16. Reboot and done? (If not go to "Issues" below)

Follow up:
This should be it. Multibeast will sort of lock down your bootloader so that you can boot off your computer without using the USB. I ran into a lot of issues and wasted a lot of time by installing Windows after I ran Multibeast on Mac.

Issues:
1. Freezing Motherboard Splash Screen -
When I finished my install of Windows and Mac OS, I had an issue after 1 reboot where on boot up, my computer would freeze at the motherboard splash screen. The way I fixed this was unplugging my computer's power cable, switching the power supply off, removing my graphics card (I had stupidly put it in early) and holding down the CMOS switch/restart button on my motherboard for 10 seconds. (This will reset your BIOS/UEFI settings.) I loaded optimized defaults and then chose the BIOS settings I did in the beginning of the installation. I enabled my integrated graphics and set it as the default for display. I then had to boot into my Mac OS on my drive and install the Nvidia web drivers again, then follow step 15 again and then boot like normal.

Last edited: