Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Supermicro 8-Core Dual Xeon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thk you for the time and effort you put into this build and for posting this guide. It was so helpful. This is the best and definitely the most powerful x86 build I have ever done.

Attachments

• file.png
    file.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 682
  • file-1.png
    file-1.png
    426 KB · Views: 547
Hi,SleeperPro

Did you get the Lan working?
[Intel 82576 Gigabit Ethernet]

I don't know if sleeper pro got LAN working, but i was not able too. I am using a realtek wireless adapter with old Linux kext. Have to input security phrase every time but it works. No problems with anything else though. This thing rocks...... :headbang:

I put in iboot, put in Snow leopard, and did step #4- "Now start type PCIRootUID=1 and then press the down arrow and select Boot Verbose from the list and press ENTER."

Got the following message:

Loading Darwin
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Can't find mach_kernel

Now what? Thanks in advance....

BTW, I did start a separate thread just in case this isn't the correct place to post it...

Just wondering on this build, did you get the audio working?

Thanks for the info. Great build!

I'm working on trying to get the audio working on this board as I recently acquired one to replace two dead X8DTN's. Will provide an update if I get it working and an new thread on the build.

I used parts of this guide to install onto a Supermicro X8SIL-F w/ a quad core x3440. The bios settings were crucial. Thanks for the help!
I'm working on audio still because its a discrete card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back