Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X full acceleration in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you switch to graphics card output during boot? I recently installed on skylake system and didn't install hd530, it was working all right.

Instead of using Hd 530 you can use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform ID 0a206080, it gives you Intel HD SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. Do not inject Intel with these ID fixes.

Do you switch to graphics card output during boot? I recently installed on skylake system and didn't install hd530, it was working all right.
yes boot on hd530 then switch

Instead of using Hd 530 you can use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform ID 0a206080, it gives you Intel HD SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. Do not inject Intel with these ID fixes.
fcpx crush on start with this settings :( don't know why ..

fcpx crush on start with this settings :( don't know why ..
Just tested with clover patch method on 12.2 for RX 480, everything's working fine but FCPX crashes on start same as you.

Just tested with clover patch method on 12.2 for RX 480, everything's working fine but FCPX crashes on start same as you.
If someone could help us , really apreaciate it :)

If someone could help us , really apreaciate it :)
Problem solved. I had 2 backup of fcpx, when I copied from ntfs formatted disk, it crashed. When I copied from old time machine backup, it worked.

When you get the black screen, try hitting escape+return, see if the screen comes back. This happens to me in Uningine heaven benchmark when RX card is not fully supported.

Google IORegistry and download it to see if you have the 4100kext loaded.

sorry for getting back so late!

1. escape + return doesnt work
2. i tried running heaven benchmark: no problems so far. do i have to run multiple times or with highest settings?
3. see attached my IORegistry

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 17.30.37.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 17.30.37.png
    499.4 KB · Views: 200
That's weird, usually for me anyways the 4100kext loads about 16 entry's and is seperate from the AMDFramebufferkexts. It is usually two distinct sets of support. Are you using force kexts to load method?

I dont know what "force kexts" should be, I've attached my config.plist if this helps you.

//Edit: I just found out that I've added my gfx ID to AMDRadeonX4100 and AMD9500 kexts, maybe that's the problem. Hard to test as it doesnt always appear but I will tell you if that was the problem in few days of testing.

//Edit 2: My gfx stops working when I remove the ID from AMD9500, so i added again. Also added the Dayman framebuffer, maybe that helps

Attachments

• config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Hey all. I know that the ASUS varieties of RX 480 give trouble, but has anyone gotten them to work with OS X? I have the ASUS-DUAL model. The white one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back