Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X full acceleration in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do more? I need help? Although I recognize the card well, it does not seem to work correctly. Something I'm missing
Captura de pantalla 2017-05-26 a las 16.45.51.png

thank u

PD: Here I found the solution. ; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-rx-480.194775/page-46

Last edited:
I just installed Sierra, and it just worked (I mean, in About This Mac it says "R9 XXX" 8192MB), didn't have to edit any kext, but I still have some graphic glitches, and launchpad is a little bit laggy.
Does this fix that?
I'm having the same issue. My RX480 worked without acceleration, however I tried to edit the kexts and the os wouldn't boot. Just the graphics card fans wold spin up and then die off but the os wouldn't load and the monitor goes asleep.

I'm having the same issue. My RX480 worked without acceleration, however I tried to edit the kexts and the os wouldn't boot. Just the graphics card fans wold spin up and then die off but the os wouldn't load and the monitor goes asleep.

You need to enable igpu or CPU graphics in bios and allocate minimum of 64mb memory.

Another option is in sierra 12.6 you don't need any editing of kexts and you can use Multibeast and select whatevergreenkext and lilukext to use the card without igpu or CPU graphics.

You need to enable igpu or CPU graphics in bios and allocate minimum of 64mb memory.

Another option is in sierra 12.6 you don't need any editing of kexts and you can use Multibeast and select whatevergreenkext and lilukext to use the card without igpu or CPU graphics.
I could set up the BIOS discussed here, but if I enable the onboard graphics in BIOS, There won't be anything booting.
This motherboard doesn't have the auto handling of switching between onboard graphics/addon card. I have to speciifically have to select what I want to use (PCie or IGFX) If I set it to IGFX (that's what it's called in this), the card won't ever do anything.
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
i5 Haswell
16GB RAM (I have more, but I took them out due to previous experience of kernel panic
XFX R480 4GB

I thought about putting back my old Nvidia GTX 660, but that card is just damn slow by 2017 standards.

I have a Z97 gaming 7 Gigabyte and it works. If you use IGFX you need to connect the monitor to motherboard HDMI, VGA, DVi port. This will show the clover screen and progress bar halfway through the boot. The graphics card will pick up at log in screen. Most people doing this have two cables to the monitor, one mobo, one vCard.

If using PEG mode you will need to use the lilukext and WhateverGreenkext. Did you see those in Multibeast?

Clover configurator (google it) is a different app from the sourceforge Clover bootloader. Clover configurator is from Mackie Projects. It will have a large green Clover icon. Unibeast and Multibeast use clover bootloader along with other fixes. These two are the easiest to use, but in some cases you need to add more so learning how to use clover configurator is a good skill to have. It will also allow you to edit your serial number, uuid, and MLB so that everything looks good to apple.

MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X (not the reference) is now working on macOS Sierra with full acceleration!
To make it work you need to:
1. install the macOS Sierra 10.12.2 public beta
2. go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/, open info.plist and replace "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002"
3. run Kext Utility (download Kext Utility.app.zip) and wait until the access rights restored
4. reboot, go to BIOS>Peripherals, and set the Initial Display Output in "IGFX", then go to the section Chipset and set the Internal Graphics in "Auto"
5. save, reboot, and wait a few minutes (you must set the partition "Macintosh HD" by default and turn on timer in Clover) and you will see a login screen!
And more: in "About This Mac" will be displayed "AMD R9 xxx". To fix this, do the following:
1. download app "iHex" from App Store
2. go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/
3. open the file "AMD9500Controller" with iHex
4. find (Edit>Find) text "xxx" and replace text "R9 xxx" to "RX 480"
5. run Kext Utility and wait until the access rights restored
6. reboot!
That's all, good luck!)
[All that I have written refers to mobo Gigabyte Z170 D3H - on other motherboards names may differ]
UPD: It also works on 10.12.1
View attachment 219245

something wrong and I can not figure out the cause.

MB: Biostar H55+
GPU: Asus RX 480 4GB
I7 870

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-15-17-53-31-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-15-17-53-31-1.png
    1 MB · Views: 131
something wrong and I can not figure out the cause.

MB: Biostar H55+
GPU: Asus RX 480 4GB
I7 870

Are you booting in safe mode?

Hit space bar once at clover screen, select verbose, single user. At first root# type without the “” marks.
“fsck -fy” then at 2nd root# “exit”.

Oh, and uncheck safe mode if it’s selected and any others.

Are you booting in safe mode?

Hit space bar once at clover screen, select verbose, single user. At first root# type without the “” marks.
“fsck -fy” then at 2nd root# “exit”.

Oh, and uncheck safe mode if it’s selected and any others.

Thanks.

Ill try.

@Dennyctorres, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back