Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][SUCCESS] GIGABYTE GA-B75M-DH3 / i7 3770k / ATI HD 6870 / 16Gb (w/out DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[GUIDE]ML 10.8.3 / GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H / i7 3770k / ATI HD 6870 / 16Gb (w/out DSDT)

My Hackintosh :)

GA-B75M-D3H
Intel Core i7 3770k
16gb Samsung M379B5273DH0-YK0 (4GB each)
3TB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001
PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 6870
2TB WDC WD20EARX (Windows 7)

Instructions:

Bios:
Load Optimised Defaults
Peripherals>Sata Mode Selection>AHCI
Reboot

Insert Unibeast 1.71 USB with ATI6000Controller.kext removed from System/Library/Extensions (Hidden)
Boot Unibeast USB with GraphicsEnabler=No

At MAC OS X Install screen go to:
Disk Utilities
Select drive. Make 1 Partition named Mountain Lion. Options select GUID and MAC OS Extended.
Apply
Exit
Install ML 10.8.3 to Mountain Lion Partition
Reboot

Boot Unibeast USB and Select Mountain Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No
Unhide files in Mac OS

Copy "Post Install" folder from Unibeast USB to Desktop
You should be able to see or have on your desktop Multibeast, KextBeast, Chimera 2.0.1,AHCISeries7Injector.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext (hidden)

Open MultiBeast:
Select UserDSDT or DSDT - Free
Audio - Without DSDT - ALC887 / 888b - v100302 Current
Disk - IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (Show internal drives)
Network - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7

Install and Reboot to Unibeast USB. Select Mountain Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No

Open KextBeast.pkg and Install
This is going to install AHCISeries7Injector.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext from the Desktop
Reboot Unibeast USB. Select Mountain Lion NO Need for the GraphicsEnabler now. yay!

This part will fix the boot0: error if you try to boot to Mountain Lion without using Unibeast USB
Download unpkg
Open unpkg and drag Chimera 2.0.1 into it
Its going to create a folder on the desktop called Chimera 2.0.1
Close unpkg
Go to the folder Chimera 2.0.1/usr/standalone/i386 and copy boot1h into a USB drive top/root folder (it can be in the Unibeast USB)
Reboot to Unibeast USB and go to the Mac OS X install screen
Go to Disk Utilities and Unmount the partition Mountain Lion
exit, open Terminal and type:
diskutil list

copy the identifier for the Mountain Lion partition (disk0s2 in my case)
type:

cd /Volumes/"USB" (USB is the name of the USB. Use the "")
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 (replace disk0s2 with your identifier from above)
reboot Unibeast USB and select Mountain Lion

Install Chimera 2.0.1pkg
Reboot now you should boot to Mountain Lion Drive normally without any flags
Enjoy

I'm hoping you're my savior here, I have same motherboard and my system is very close to working as a hack. The computer works fine as a windows machine, but following your instructions, I got further than ever before, but still having problems.

A couple things that are different. First, I've got Mountain Lion 10.8.1, not sure what difference that makes. Number 2, there are different versions of the postinstall files that I saw you had (Unibeast is 2.0.1, Multibeast is 3.5.1 and Chimera is 2.1.1).

Second, I never saw your specific network option on Multibeast. There was a Realtek - AppleRTL8169 option, so I chose that, and the internet works, but as you'll see in a minute, I've still got problems.

From here, I did the kext installer, rebooted trying to go straight to the Mountain Lion drive and got boot0 error. I used your fix for that, and now the system boots, but if I try to do almost anything once the system boots, it crashes.

Of course I went back to triple check, and now I can't get it to crash. What I'm wondering is, in your instructions I never saw you saying to install Chimera unless you had a boot0 error. Don't I have to install Chimera anyway? Could the attempted fix of the boot0 error be a potential problem or not really?

Two last things, I have an EVGA GeForce GT 640 video card I'd like to use with this system. It was one of the ones I picked from the list of cards on the TonyMac site. When I tried using that card, I can never get past having to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and when I boot straight to the Mountain Lion disk, the screen stays white and never finishes booting (or maybe it does and I just can't see it).

Last, my version of Mountain Lion is 10.8.1, can I just update to 10.8.4 or do I need to do anything special?

Thanks for your guide and I'd sure appreciate it if you have any suggestions for me - Rick

Rickoxo

I think the best thing for you right now is to start over step by step.
Try to get ML 10.8.3 as there can be a huge difference in the installation process from one version to the other.

Try it again and write down everything you have done and the errors you get.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Since I wrote this, I've yet to have it crash again, so no idea why it did the first two times I tried the system, but since it should have been fine, I'm running with it. :)

For the video card, since it worked earlier with GraphicsEnabler=No, I went into the chameleon plist file, set it to No permanently and it's working now. The cable is plugged into the video card so the system is getting its video information through the card. Can you explain what's happening and why it works?

As for OS X, I was ready to start over from scratch so I thought I'd just try updating using update software from System Preferences, and it worked fine, I'm on 10.8.4 with no problems, so the update worked fine without any tweaks.

Last thing I'm stuck on. I want this to be a dual boot system and I have a hard drive with Windows on it ready to go, what do I have to do to get the system to dual boot? I have them both plugged in right now and the boot loader sees the Windows disk, but when I try to boot into it, it says missing bootmgr. The disk boots fine by itself if I have the BIOS IDE option set back to IDE instead of AHCI, but otherwise, no luck yet. Any ideas?

"The disk boots fine by itself if I have the BIOS IDE option set back to IDE instead of AHCI, but otherwise, no luck yet. Any ideas?"

It seems that you installed Windows on a disk with BIOS set to IDE mode. You can change the mode so that you will be able to boot that disk in AHCI mode (needed for OS X) selected by following the steps in this post:

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=6721.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back