Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][SUCCESS] Ga H77m D3H / i5 3450 / GTX 560 (w/out DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smi

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77M D3H
CPU
i5 3450
Graphics
GTX 560 (nonti)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[GUIDE] Ga H77m D3H / i5 3450 / GTX 560 (w/out DSDT)

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 successully today on my Hackintosh.

My System:

Apple OS X Mountain Lion 1.8.2
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-mountain-lion/id537386512?ls=1&mt=12

MB:
Gigabyte Ga H77M D3H (mATX cause of casemodding a G5)
Amazon

CPU:
Intel Core i5 3450
Amazon

GPU:
Gainward GTX 560 (nonti) (natively supported !! no extra kexts !)
Amazon

RAM:
Kingston Value Ram 16GB 1333MHz (4x4 GB)
Amazon

CD/DVD:
cheap Samsung CD/DVD burner
Amazon

PSU:
Cougar 450W
Amazon

Already Owned:

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 250 GB (sry no link, cant find it, any Seagate is perfect)

Monitor:
Acer 22" TFT LCD (sry no link, isnt built any more)

Mouse + Keyboard:
Logitech Mouse + Genius MM Keyboard

Comments:
Works:
+ Sleep/Wake
+ Ethernet
+ iTunes
+ AppStore
+ USB 3.0 with USB 2.0 devices (only mouse + keyboard anything else doesnt seem to work, not tested yet with USB 3.0 devices)

+ Audio (USB and AUX)

Doesnt work:
-

Not Tested:
iCloud
WiFi
all the rest :D

[GUIDE]

Software i used to get things work:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
7zip
F9 Bios by Gigabyte
UniBeast 1.5.3
Multibeast 5.0.2

Additional hardware i used:
2 x USB flash drive (8 GB each)

STEP 1:
If you built your PC all new and it wont boot or it bootloops then check out your BIOS version. Gigabyte delivers its mobo's with F4; Ivy's need at least F5. Dont even try F5 or F7, it wont work properly as i tested myself. If you already updated your BIOS skip to...

1. You will need a working Copy of Windows to unzip the downloaded *.exe file.
  2. Prepare another USB stick under Windows. Format with FAT32.
  3. Download F9 BIOS from Gigabyte.
  4. Unzip the *.exe folder of your BIOS (7zip is a good tool).
  5. Copy the *.f9 File to the stick.
  6. Reboot your PC and go to your BIOS by pressing "DEL" on the startup.
  7. Navigate to "Advanced Settings" and click on "Q Flash".
  8. Disable "Keep DMI Data". Then click on "Update BIOS from Drive" and select your USB stick.
  9. Select the *.f9 file.
  10. Congrats you have successfully updated your BIOS to F9 !

Now we can start the OS X install.

STEP 2:

! CAUTION !

in order to get the installion starting dont miss these steps:
- Sata config must be in AHCI not IDE !
- Use 4GB Ram or less !
- Unplugg your graphic card!​

Prepare your other USB flash drive with UniBeast. How you get this done is shown here. follow till step 17 under STEP 2.
you dont necessarily need internet. just copie your downloaded Multibeast ZIP onto the same USB stick you used for prepairing ML installation.

1. Plug your USB to your computer and boot.
  2. Hit F12 on startup to get to the bootmanager. select your USB device.
  3. wait until UniBeast screen shows up. Choose your USB with ML install and hit enter.
  4. Follow the Instructions till you come to choose on which HDD you want to install ML.
  5. Open Disk Utility. Select "Delete" and format your HDD. You can use the guide here at STEP 3. follow till step 8.
  6. Wait till OS X ML is installed (depending on your system. it took me about 20 minutes). Then reboot your PC.
  7. Hit F12 on startup and boot from your USB. But now choose your HDD you just installed ML. Let it boot.
  8. Follow the instructions to complete your OS X installation.
  9. You should now be on your Desktop. Great !
  10. Open your USB device and copy the Multibeast ZIP or folder onto your desktop.
  11. Open MultiBeast and confirm everything till you get to where you can choose the kexts. ONLY click on the following kexts and complete the Multibeast installation:
- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2
- maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

[EDIT: I WILL AD MULTIBEAST PICS IN 1 OR 2 DAYS]

STEP 3:

Unplugg USB and reboot your PC. Let it boot normally. You should now have a working copy of OS X ML !
The last step(s): plugin the rest of your Ram, if you have any, and plugin your graphic card. it is supported natively. You dont need to install any kexts !

Big Thanks to tonymacx86 !

This is very similar to a systam my father-in-law has asked me to build for him. Thanks for the step-by-step! Keep us posted on how it goes with the audio.

so i tested USB 3.0 ports. they seem to work for mouse and keyboard but not for USB 2.0 devices. i havent checked for 3.0 devices yet

right now i'm working on Audio. i found some step-by-step guides. i'll tell you whether they worked for me or not :lol:

Just finish my build using this Motherboard. For now everything working perfectly. It just my DWA-123 B1 Wireless USB not working yet. By the way. You said the sound not working but mine working fine ( I dont test all port yet. just the green. better than not).

OSX 10.8 + Win 7 install successful
System spec
Proc : Intel Core i5 ivy bridge
Mobo : GAZ77M-D3H
RAM : 4GB
GFX : SAPHIRE 6570 2GB
HDD : WD 2TB
WIFI : DLINK DWA-123
Osx install method: Unibeast + Multibeast + UEFI + GPT
Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown : OOB
Sound : Multibeast VoodooHDA VT2021
GFX : OOB
Wifi : not working (waiting for 10.8 driver from ralink)
Ethernet : Multibeast Atheros driver

Almost perfect configuration. Will check for upgradability once connected. Boot the installer using internal graphic by setting the initiation to internal graphic in the BIOS.

i havent used the green audio port for about 6 years ^^ USB is the future ! USB sound does partially work. i get every now and then some OS sounds but no music or something.

EDIT: green audio port works 100% but USB audio does not... strange

smi, I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I followed your instructions to the letter, and my Hackintosh seems to be working (still haven't tested audio or FireWire yet).

2 extra items to add for any future builder who reads this:
1. Make sure your Unibeast USB drive is in a USB2 slot, not a USB3. It won't install from the USB3 slots!
2. (Not sure how vital this is...) Make sure your HD is plugged into a SATA2 port (blue) not SATA3 (white).

In addition, I experienced instability once I installed 16GB XMS3 RAM. This was resolved by bumping the DRAM voltage to 1.55V. (Also, the BIOS auto-detected the RAM at 1333 MHz, but changing the multiplier from "Auto" to "Profile 1" set it correctly at 1600MHz.)

Thank you for the guide, it worked brilliantly! Only one addition, had to disable Vt-d from the CPU settings for ML to boot, otherwise it was getting stuck.

I can't seem to get usb 3.0 work with usb 3.0 devices any suggestions ?

THANKS FOR THIS STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS.
MY system specs :

Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz ,
Memory (RAM) - 8.00 GB

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

HDD - WD 1TB
Mobo : DB75EN
so can u plz help me with is system specs step by step iam new to this hackintosh things & i dont know any thing about this bios & stuffs. OR can u tell me anybody who can. u can Email me in [email protected]. plz reply me.

i dont know the mobo sry, but if u give the search a try for your mobo you'll probably find some multibeast settings that will work with your mobo. and i also dont know if your graca is supported sry. i got no time to look it up for you cause the next semester began and i'm very busy atm...

my general tips are:
- install OSX without graca
- do not use more than 4GB ram if u have any probs
- do not use HDMI or DVI to connect xour screen during the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back