Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][SUCCESS] Ga H77m D3H / i5 3450 / GTX 560 (w/out DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on USB3 ports with USB2 devices with the 10.8.3.

I recently updated my system with same specs and USB3 ports are not recognizing USB2 devices. Only way for me is to disable xHCI but then all ports work in USB2 mode only, no super speed.

sry i havent updated yet. i will redo a complete new installation of ML in a few days cause i need OSX for our new project at university :D

i will tell my experiences with the new version ML as soon as i can

Hi! I have almost the same system like yours. From 3 weeks I try to install Mountain Lion and Windows 7 but with no success. Can somebody help me with the next problem. I made a usb with Unibeast. Next I use it to format HDD (seagate 2 TB) and create 3 partitions : the first one is for Mountain Lion (MAC OS Extended journaled), the second - windows 7 (MS DOS FAT 32) and the third is for data (MS DOS FAT 32). I used the guide on this site. Everything is ok but when I insert CD with windows and installation ask me where to install windows I see 4 partitions (the partitions I made and system reserve 200 MB) and I know that it's ok but there is unalocated space 128 MB too. It's not so big problem but it really annoyed me. If i delete partition windows to add the analocated space then when I create the partition again with windows installation chimera not see it and I can't make my system dual boot. Can somebody help me with that. Is it possible to use all the space when i create the 3 partitions. Thank you in advance! P.S.: Sorry my english is no verry good :) .

... I know that it's ok but there is unalocated space 128 MB too. It's not so big problem but it really annoyed me. If i delete partition windows to add the analocated space then when I create the partition again with windows installation chimera not see it and I can't make my system dual boot...

this is beacuse windows needs the 128MB for its system. dont delete this "free" space. OSX needs 200MB and windows 100 MB or more. :D

cant u get a seperate HDD for windows ? this would be the best solution (my opinion ;) )

Hi! I have almost the same system like yours. From 3 weeks I try to install Mountain Lion and Windows 7 but with no success. Can somebody help me with the next problem. I made a usb with Unibeast. Next I use it to format HDD (seagate 2 TB) and create 3 partitions : ... .

I see same behavior if i create more than one partition with OSX Disk Utility. Between every partition, it leaves 128 mb unused.

The workaround I used was to create two partitions with OSX disk utility. Only first one is needed for OSX. in windows, you will see 4 partitions, first 200mb for EFI, second your OSX partition, third 128 mb empty and lastly your second partition you created.

In windows, delete your last partition. This will add the 128 mb to unallocated space. Now create two partitions, one for win and one for data. Since I have a second hard drive for windows, I am not sure if windows will create one or two extra partitions. One 300 mb called recovery and a system partition sized between 100 to 200mb. Those partitions are required for window. If win does not create these partitions, your system will not have System recovery feature. So one important piece again, while in windows installer deleting partitions, do not delete the EFI and OSX partitions, only the later ones.

Hope this helps.

sry i havent updated yet. i will redo a complete new installation of ML in a few days cause i need OSX for our new project at university :D

i will tell my experiences with the new version ML as soon as i can

In my opinion, the GA-H77M-D3H board only needs FakeSMC to run (Network kext from Multibeast extra along with latest voodoo for Audio).

For my clean install, I had trouble starting OSX from HDD for first boot so I removed all kexts from USB's /Extra/Extensions folder except FakeSMC and added Shilua's network kext for safe measure :))).

Hope this will help your next install effort.

Lets see if there is a solution for USB 3 problem. The case i use has front usb 3 ports only and using usb 2 ports in the back is a pain when I need quick file transfer from a usb key.

I have similar hardware to yours but I have no graphic card. I use the Intel HD2500 which is built into the microprocessor IVY Bridge i5 3450.

My configuration: Ga H77-DS3H / i5 3450 / 2x8GB DDR3 Kingston / HD SSD 240 GB with 2 partitions (one for ML and one for Win7) plugged in the blue slot (SATA2)

The bios version is the same that comes with the motherboard. I'm afraid to update at the moment. I have modified the hard drive to AHCI mode.

I made a boot usb with Unibeast 1.5.3. and Mountain Lion 10.8. I get boot my hackintosh from the usb. I managed to reach the MacOSX Desktop and I have run the Multibeast Mountain Lion 5.3 with 3 options: DSDT- Free instalation, generic audio vodoo and the network for gigabyte mobo's.

Then I restart without USB and it doesn't boot. It asks me to restart, and restart and restart...

I have tried to make my "USB Boot" with Unibeast and after this, using the Bridge Helper 5.0, but it doesn't finish the USB with success. It says that there is a problem.

Now I am trying to learn how to use the chameleon software because I found a post wich coments a succesfull experience with Intel HD 2500: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282521-will-hd-2500-work-with-ml-108/

While.... Anybody can help me?

I can't use less RAM than 8GB, could it be a problem?

Many thanks in advance

USB 3.0 worked to recognize USB 2 devices with MultiBeast 5.1.3 Rehabman's branch of USB 3 kext.

Software i used to get things work:

F9 Bios by Gigabyte

Gigabyte delivers its mobo's with F4; Ivy's need at least F5. Dont even try F5 or F7, it wont work properly as i tested myself.
My GA-H77M-D3H came with the F6 BIOS. Do I need to update to F9?

! CAUTION !
- Use 4GB Ram or less !!​
I have two 8GB sticks (16GB total RAM), so this is impossible. Should I remove one of the 8GB sticks for the install?

Updating the Bios would be sensible as there is an important ME update for the board - OSX needs this working properly to function.

http://www.gigabyte.de/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4143&dl=1#bios

4 GB limit on memory was prior to Sandybridge CPU's for OSX - its not a problem now. If you install windows I think it only sees a maximum of 4 GB initially. Its not relevant - you can use 16GB, 32GB and even on certain boards 64GB RAM on OSX install. Its safe to do so and will not cause ANY problems.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back