Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] Big Sur Public Beta Dell XPS 13 9350 OpenCore 0.60 + OpenCanopy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 14 2015 4K
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
What is working?
Boot Chime
Wifi
Bluetooth
Audio
Trackpad
Sleep
iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime.
Power Management

What isn’t working?
SD card (disable it in bios, as it consumes 0.5Watts. Who uses it anyway?)
Usb C (you can charge your phone though)

GUIDE
Follow the guide below to create USB, after creating your usb come back to this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ic-beta-installation-usb-experimental.300100/

After you must have created the USB bootable install, Mount EFI of the USB installer and put my OC (OpenCore) folder you will download at the end of this post into your efi. Boot and install Big Sur to our preferred disk!

POST INSTALL
After install, make sure what you do first is disabling hibernate with the command below:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Fix your own power management by going through my previous thread on Catalina (download the efi from my previous Catalina guide for Cpufriend files). Voltageshift does not work on Big Sur.
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 12.59.59.png

Attachments

• OC Murimoney.zip
    60.4 MB · Views: 1,374
No usb-c at all ?

You can charge stuffs with it, but my phone doesn't appear.

So no external hdmi support etc? Im on the Iris 540 3k variant. Does it work with Catalina ?

So no external hdmi support etc? Im on the Iris 540 3k variant. Does it work with Catalina ?
I don't know if HDMI works. I haven't tried to fix it cos I barely use it. If you want it, you can try fix it. Switching from clover to opencore was already very dificult for me.

Hi Murimoney10.​

you can update OC 0.6.2 for Big Sur ? xps 9350 i5 6200U, 3k touch
Thanks

Thanks for your hard work. My laptop has the same configuration but cannot boot. It just show a small apple logo

Hi Murimoney10.​

you can update OC 0.6.2 for Big Sur ? xps 9350 i5 6200U, 3k touch
Thanks
I don't have this laptop anymore due to the small ram. I've moved to the latitude e5470. Look at the open core guide on how to update open core. It is very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back