Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sony VPCSA Sierra-10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
- SSDT-2 Error. I really don't know the reason of this. AFAIK, reboot happens if DSDT access some code related to SSDT cpu code. You may try using system_PNOT.txt patch for this. You can open a new topic so that other user with more experience can help you further. However I think better way is first use only my patches from the repo. Maybe one of the patches you use on that thread causing this problem.
- I know that after sleep, those keys stop working. It is a known issue. I think we can add SNFS() call to inside _WAK function. I haven't tried yet.

Thanks for your reply. I try to compare your SSDT-2 files with mine. There is less difference between two original files, just some values. But the patched files have more. I use most of your config.plist settings but the EDID injection. But the SSDT-2 still make the reboot.

Another new problem is the Fn+F4,F5 to adjust brightness will stop working after waking up from sleep.

Regards

Your ACPI patched content is seriously wrong.
You have two copies of SSDT-PNLF.aml (one called SSDT.aml).
Also, wrong set of files there...
You should have (based on what was probably in ACPI/origin [your ACPI/origin dump is damaged]):
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-BATC.aml

Do not attempt to use patched ACPI files from another computer. Always patch your own.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Thanks RehabMan for helping out. I will appreciate if you can also comment of function keys of this device. I wrote piece of code which enabled function keys and named SNFS. I call SNFS first inside _REG of H_EC device like below
Code:
                    Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)  // _REG: Region Availability
                    {
                        If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg1, One)))
                        {
                            SNFS ()
This patch was working until system goes to sleep. When system wakes up, function keys were not enabled. So I added below patch. I am inserting SNFS() function if ECON is enabled. It didn't cause any problem so far. Is it safe to call SNFS function from _WAK like this?

Code:
#Insert enable code for _WAK
into method label _WAK code_regex If\s+\(ECON\)\s+\{ replace_matched
begin
%0\n
SNFS()\n
end;

Original _WAK code is something like below

Code:
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03)) //SLEEP state 3
        {
            P8XH (0x04, 0xE3, Zero)
            P8XH (0x04, 0xE3, One)
            If (LEqual (Zero, ACTT)) {}
            If (ECON)
            {
               // patch is added here.
              SNFS()
                If (LEqual (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.SWKR, One))
                {
                    Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
                }
            }
        }

Thanks RehabMan for helping out. I will appreciate if you can also comment of function keys of this device. I wrote piece of code which enabled function keys and named SNFS. I call SNFS first inside _REG of H_EC device like below
Code:
                    Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)  // _REG: Region Availability
                    {
                        If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg1, One)))
                        {
                            SNFS ()
This patch was working until system goes to sleep. When system wakes up, function keys were not enabled. So I added below patch. I am inserting SNFS() function if ECON is enabled. It didn't cause any problem so far. Is it safe to call SNFS function from _WAK like this?

Code:
begin
%0\n
SNFS()\n
end;

Original _WAK code is something like below

Code:
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03)) //SLEEP state 3
        {
            P8XH (0x04, 0xE3, Zero)
            P8XH (0x04, 0xE3, One)
            If (LEqual (Zero, ACTT)) {}
            If (ECON)
            {
               // patch is added here.
              SNFS()
                If (LEqual (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.SWKR, One))
                {
                    Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
                }
            }
        }

Looks ok, but you might want to try other ways...
Maybe you just need to simulate a newer version of Windows (_OSI/"OS Check Fix").

Thanks RehabMan. I checked also Linux source codes and it seems they are also calling "Fn Keys enabling function" after sleep as well. This SNFS function is coded by me and AFAIK, Windows version doesn't play an important role for enabling and disabling the keys. I checked OSYS variable and it doesn't seem to have any effect on keys. Thanks once again for your help.

Thanks RehabMan. I checked also Linux source codes and it seems they are also calling "Fn Keys enabling function" after sleep as well. This SNFS function is coded by me and AFAIK, Windows version doesn't play an important role for enabling and disabling the keys. I checked OSYS variable and it doesn't seem to have any effect on keys. Thanks once again for your help.

Sometimes _OSI result contributes to different settings in the EC region, which then affects what the EC is doing...
But your laptop is relatively old, so it could be that even on Windows they require special Sony specific software to make the keys work (fortunately, newer laptops are moving away from such proprietary software).

Your ACPI patched content is seriously wrong.
You have two copies of SSDT-PNLF.aml (one called SSDT.aml).
Also, wrong set of files there...
You should have (based on what was probably in ACPI/origin [your ACPI/origin dump is damaged]):
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-BATC.aml

Do not attempt to use patched ACPI files from another computer. Always patch your own.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I repatched all the dsdt and ssdt files and it works perfectly now.

cheers

Peng

- SSDT-2 Error. I really don't know the reason of this. AFAIK, reboot happens if DSDT access some code related to SSDT cpu code. You may try using system_PNOT.txt patch for this. You can open a new topic so that other user with more experience can help you further. However I think better way is first use only my patches from the repo. Maybe one of the patches you use on that thread causing this problem.
- I know that after sleep, those keys stop working. It is a known issue. I think we can add SNFS() call to inside _WAK function. I haven't tried yet.
When I use dsdt.aml and config.plist with your method, just found the About This Mac does not show up. Do you have this problem?

If I replace the config.plist with my previous one, About this Mac will show up, but the HD led start to flash again.

cheers

Peng

Attachments

• clover following toshaba.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 116
  • previous config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Your and my clover.config is so much different. If you use "FileMerge" and compare mine with yours, you can see that it is a lot different. I don't have the problems you have with my DSDT patches and clover config. I neither have constant HD led flashing nor About this Mac problem. My suggestion is try changing one thing at a time and see what is causing your issues. For example go first with ACPI Key, then Kext Patches then SMBIOS etc.

PS: For sleep problems with Function Keys, use below patch

Code:
begin
%0\n
SNFS()\n
end;

Your and my clover.config is so much different. If you use "FileMerge" and compare mine with yours, you can see that it is a lot different. I don't have the problems you have with my DSDT patches and clover config. I neither have constant HD led flashing nor About this Mac problem. My suggestion is try changing one thing at a time and see what is causing your issues. For example go first with ACPI Key, then Kext Patches then SMBIOS etc.

PS: For sleep problems with Function Keys, use below patch

Code:
begin
%0\n
SNFS()\n
end;
Thanks for your reply.

The Fn keys work after sleeping with the patch.

I will try to find the difference of the config.plist to solve my problem.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back