CPU
i5-2430 2.40GHz/HM67
Graphics
Radeon HD 6630M / Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks to extensive help from RehabMan, I managed to have very functional hackintosh. This guide may help other Sony users as well. Since I managed to enable function keys and external sheet battery. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Guide is updated for 10.12.4 See the bottom of post for additions.

Hardware
Sony VPCSA33GX
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Intel HD3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1 GB
13.3" 1600x900 HD IPS Display
Intel HM67 Chipset
128GB SSD
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3-SDRAM
DVD/CD Reader/Burner
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Port
Integrated HD WebCam and Microphone
Two USB-2.0 ports and one Super Speed USB-3.0 port
Realtek Card Reader
HDMI & VGA output
Backlight keyboard
Internal Lithium Polymer Battery + Sheet Lithium Polymer Battery

What Works
- Sleep & Wake including ACPI Power Button
- Built-in LVDS Display including brightness control and lid sleep
- CPU speed step via SSDT
- Battery icon and notifications
- Webcam and Internal Microphone
- Bluetooth
- ALC275 HD Audio with auto jack sense
- Keyboard and Back light
- Touch-Pad (multi-touch)
- Intel HD3000 HDMI Video and Audio
- Ethernet Port
- USB 2 & USB 3(some issues)
- VGA Video (some issues)

What Doesn't Work
- WiFi -> I changed with cheap AR5B195. You may use a better card such as Azurewave aw-ce123h
- AMD Discrete Graphics -> No way to make it work. Disabled.
- Realtek SD Card Reader -> No way to make it work.

First Step
You must update your BIOS to hacked one. Otherwise you will not able to open Advanced Menu to set some options. So if you don’t want to update your BIOS, stop right here. Since it is not possible to install macOS without a hacked BIOS.

If you want to update your BIOS, download Hacked BIOS from this link and update your BIOS. You can revert to your original BIOS in anytime you want.

If you update your BIOS, change only below settings.

* Enable AHCI mode in IDE controller

**WARNING!!!!!!**

There are two settings you should never ever touch. If you change those settings, you will brick your laptop.

* disable Intel GPU
* set first GPU to PEG

Installation
Create your USB either with UniBeast or manually.You will not able to see the installation screen, if you don't add the necessary EDID data. Your screen EDID data can be different than mine. Therefore you must extract your native EDID from Windows. You can use Monitor Asset Manager to extract this information. Download the software, open it and select your monitor and copy the 128 bytes raw data. You will use this data in your EDID patch.

MaciASL
Download RehabMan's MaciASL Open MaciASL and add my repo by going Preferences/Sources and add http://raw.github.com/tosbaha/Sony-SA-DSDT-Patches

Applying Patches
Open your DSDT file with MaciASL and apply EDID patch. Change your EDID data if it is different than mine. You may also apply other patches now or you may do it later after installation.

Post-Installation
Update your Sierra to latest version (Currently 10.12.3)

Clover Settings
You can download my Clover settings. Important things are
- Acpi/SortedOrder DropOem=true
- Boot arguments
- Devices/USB
- Kernel and Kext Patches
- IOGraphicsFamily Find(01000075 17) Replace(010000eb 17) #Boot graphics glitch
- AppleHDA Find(8408ec10) Replace(00000000 ) AppleHDA #1 of 3
- AppleHDA Find(8419d411) Replace(7502ec10 ) AppleHDA #2 of 3
- AppleHDA Find(8319d411 ) Replace(00000000 ) AppleHDA #3 of 3
- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Find(03040000 00040000 09000000 ) Replace(03040000 00080000 09000000 ) #HDMI-audio HD3000
- IOAHCIBlockStorage Find(4150504c 45205353 4400) Replace(00000000 00000000 0000) #Enable TRIM for SSD
- SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1 Generate with Clover Configurator

Kexts
- FakeSMC.kext necessary
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext for Alps Touchpad and keyboard. For better trackpad support, install my fork
- AppleALC.kext for audio
- RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet card
- ACPIBatteryManager for battery support
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB3
- EAPDFix.kext for ALC275 EAPD Sleep fix

Fixing DSDT and SSDT
Apply patches according to order I set. There are three set of patches

Battery patches
Enables battery support with sheet batteries -> DSDT

GFX patches
Inserts EDID -> DSDT
AMD Disable patch,Cleanup SSDT -> SSDT-7
Rename GFX0 to IGPU -> DSDT and SSDT-7

System Patches
Remove Remove _PSS placeholders -> SSDT-2
Rest of patches -> DSDT

Create your SSDT.aml by using ssdtPRGen Dump your original ACPI tables with Clover by hitting F4 on boot screen. Original tables will be saved to /EFI/CLOVER/origin folder. Download iasl from RehabMan's repo. If you downloded iasl.zip to Downloads folder,

Code:
cd ~/Downloads
unzip iasl.zip
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin

You can disassemble your files with following way. Create a refs.txt with following content

Code:
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECMD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)
External(_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.TPLD, MethodObj, 2)

Put refs.txt and all files from /EFI/CLOVER/origin folder to any folder you choose.Go to that directory and
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Apply your patches to .dsl file and Save it as .aml file and put it to /EFI/CLOVER/patched folder. SSDT files with x suffix are not needed. If patch is not needed, you can directly copy that SSDT file withut compiling. Here is the files that should exist in /EFI/CLOVER/patched folder

- DSDT.aml -> Patched DSDT
- SSDT.aml -> Created with ssdtPRGen.sh
- SSDT-0.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-1.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-2.aml -> Patch with Remove _PSS placeholders
- SSDT-3.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-7.aml -> Patch with SSDT patches from repo(Rename GFX0 to IGPU,AMD Disable, Cleanup SSDT)
- SSDT-8.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-BATC.aml -> Dynamic battery compiled with MaciASL

Issues

Graphics
Intel 3000 doesn’t work very well. Sometimes it creates some weird lines, artifacts on the screen. Even worst, sometimes it just crashes. Unfortunately there is no solution for this.

USB3
USB3 only works if you boot your OS with USB device plugged in.

Battery
If you use external sheet battery, you may see disabled or charging battery state with 0 percentage. It fixes itself after 10-12 seconds.

Colors
If the colors look washed-out, go to Settings/Display/Color and select Generic RGB profile.

Keyboard
You need to patch your DSDT with my patches to enable function keys. More info about the function keys are written inside the patch. I fixed function keys for Touch-pad disable,Brightness and Zoom(Works in Safari,Firefox etc.) You can map Sleep, LCD, VAIO and Assist keys to other keys as well. I tried to find PS2K codes for Sleep but couldn't find it. If you find PS2 codes for Sleep or any ideas for other function keys, please share it in here.

Sierra 10.12.4 Fix:
For this version, you must do couple of changes
1. Remove PNLF patch from your used Brightness patch
You may try following patch with MaciASL
Code:
into_all device label PNLF remove_entry;
2. Run `ruby edidparser.rb` from my repo to get fixed EDID
3. Patch your EDID either with Clover or with DSDT patch(graphics_EDID.txt)
4.Download SSDT-PNLF.aml and compile as .asl binary file with MaciASL and save it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
5. Add following patch to Clover/KextPatches
Code:
  <dict>
         <key>Comment</key>
         <string>change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx for AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)</string>
         <key>Disabled</key>
         <false/>
         <key>Find</key>
         <data>RiV1VCUwNHgA</data>
         <key>Name</key>
         <string>com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight</string>
         <key>Replace</key>
         <data>RiV1VHh4eHgA</data>
       </dict>
6.Install AppleBacklightInjector.kext
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone -b beta https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook.git
sudo cp -R probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions
7. Restart computer
8. Rebuild kext cache
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
9. Restart again.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    935.9 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Thanks to extensive help from RehabMan, I managed to have very functional hackintosh. This guide may help other Sony users as well. Since I managed to enable function keys and external sheet battery. Enjoy.

Hardware
Sony VPCSA33GX
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Intel HD3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1 GB
13.3" 1600x900 HD IPS Display
Intel HM67 Chipset
128GB SSD
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3-SDRAM
DVD/CD Reader/Burner
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Port
Integrated HD WebCam and Microphone
Two USB-2.0 ports and one Super Speed USB-3.0 port
Realtek Card Reader
HDMI & VGA output
Backlight keyboard
Internal Lithium Polymer Battery + Sheet Lithium Polymer Battery

What Works
- Sleep & Wake including ACPI Power Button
- Built-in LVDS Display including brightness control and lid sleep
- CPU speed step via SSDT
- Battery icon and notifications
- Webcam and Internal Microphone
- Bluetooth
- ALC275 HD Audio with auto jack sense
- Keyboard and Back light
- Touch-Pad (multi-touch)
- Intel HD3000 HDMI Video and Audio
- Ethernet Port
- USB 2 & USB 3(some issues)
- VGA Video (some issues)

What Doesn't Work
- WiFi -> I changed with cheap AR5B195. You may use a better card such as Azurewave aw-ce123h
- AMD Discrete Graphics -> No way to make it work. Disabled.
- Realtek SD Card Reader -> No way to make it work.

First Step
You must update your BIOS to hacked one. Otherwise you will not able to open Advanced Menu to set some options. So if you don’t want to update your BIOS, stop right here. Since it is not possible to install macOS without a hacked BIOS.

If you want to update your BIOS, download Hacked BIOS from this link and update your BIOS. You can revert to your original BIOS in anytime you want.

If you update your BIOS, change only below settings.

* Enable AHCI mode in IDE controller

**WARNING!!!!!!**

There are two settings you should never ever touch. If you change those settings, you will brick your laptop.

* disable Intel GPU
* set first GPU to PEG

Installation
Create your USB either with UniBeast or manually.You will not able to see the installation screen, if you don't add the necessary EDID data. Your screen EDID data can be different than mine. Therefore you must extract your native EDID from Windows. You can use Monitor Asset Manager to extract this information. Download the software, open it and select your monitor and copy the 128 bytes raw data. You will use this data in your EDID patch.

MaciASL
Download RehabMan's MaciASL Open MaciASL and add my repo by going Preferences/Sources and add http://raw.github.com/tosbaha/Sony-SA-DSDT-Patches

Applying Patches
Open your DSDT file with MaciASL and apply EDID patch. Change your EDID data if it is different than mine. You may also apply other patches now or you may do it later after installation.

Post-Installation
Update your Sierra to latest version (Currently 10.12.3)

Clover Settings
You can download my Clover settings. Important things are
- Acpi/SortedOrder DropOem=true
- Boot arguments
- Devices/USB
- Kernel and Kext Patches
- IOGraphicsFamily Find(01000075 17) Replace(010000eb 17) #Boot graphics glitch
- AppleHDA Find(8408ec10) Replace(00000000 ) AppleHDA #1 of 3
- AppleHDA Find(8419d411) Replace(7502ec10 ) AppleHDA #2 of 3
- AppleHDA Find(8319d411 ) Replace(00000000 ) AppleHDA #3 of 3
- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Find(03040000 00040000 09000000 ) Replace(03040000 00080000 09000000 ) #HDMI-audio HD3000
- IOAHCIBlockStorage Find(4150504c 45205353 4400) Replace(00000000 00000000 0000) #Enable TRIM for SSD
- SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1 Generate with Clover Configurator

Kexts
- FakeSMC.kext necessary
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext for Alps Touchpad and keyboard. For better trackpad support, install my fork
- AppleALC.kext for audio
- RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet card
- ACPIBatteryManager for battery support
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB3
- EAPDFix.kext for ALC275 EAPD Sleep fix

Fixing DSDT and SSDT
Apply patches according to order I set. There are three set of patches

Battery patches
Enables battery support with sheet batteries -> DSDT

GFX patches
Inserts EDID,Brightness settings -> DSDT
AMD Disable patch,Cleanup SSDT -> SSDT-7
Rename GFX0 to IGPU -> DSDT and SSDT-7

System Patches
Remove Remove _PSS placeholders -> SSDT-2
Rest of patches -> DSDT

Create your SSDT.aml by using ssdtPRGen Dump your original ACPI tables with Clover by hitting F4 on boot screen. Original tables will be saved to /EFI/CLOVER/origin folder. Download iasl from RehabMan's repo. If you downloded iasl.zip to Downloads folder,

Code:
cd ~/Downloads
unzip iasl.zip
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin

You can disassemble your files with following way. Create a refs.txt with following content

Code:
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECMD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)
External(_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.TPLD, MethodObj, 2)

Put refs.txt and all files from /EFI/CLOVER/origin folder to any folder you choose.Go to that directory and
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Apply your patches to .dsl file and Save it as .aml file and put it to /EFI/CLOVER/patched folder. SSDT files with x suffix are not needed. If patch is not needed, you can directly copy that SSDT file withut compiling. Here is the files that should exist in /EFI/CLOVER/patched folder

- DSDT.aml -> Patched DSDT
- SSDT.aml -> Created with ssdtPRGen.sh
- SSDT-0.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-1.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-2.aml -> Patch with Remove _PSS placeholders
- SSDT-3.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-7.aml -> Patch with SSDT patches from repo(Rename GFX0 to IGPU,AMD Disable, Cleanup SSDT)
- SSDT-8.aml -> Leave as it is
- SSDT-BATC.aml -> Dynamic battery compiled with MaciASL

Issues

Graphics
Intel 3000 doesn’t work very well. Sometimes it creates some weird lines, artifacts on the screen. Even worst, sometimes it just crashes. Unfortunately there is no solution for this.

USB3
USB3 only works if you boot your OS with USB device plugged in.

Battery
If you use external sheet battery, you may see disabled or charging battery state with 0 percentage. It fixes itself after 10-12 seconds.

Colors
If the colors look washed-out, go to Settings/Display/Color and select Generic RGB profile.

Keyboard
I fixed function keys for Touch-pad disable,Brightness and Zoom(Works in Safari,Firefox etc.) You can map Sleep, LCD, VAIO and Assist keys to other keys as well. I tried to find PS2K codes for Sleep but couldn't find it. If you find PS2 codes for Sleep or any ideas for other function keys, please share it in here.
Great work!:clap:
Very good and detailed guide.:thumbup:
One question: Have you "hacked" your BIOS or have you just downloaded a modified BIOS file?

Great work!:clap:
Very good and detailed guide.:thumbup:
One question: Have you "hacked" your BIOS or have you just downloaded a modified BIOS file?
I didn't hack. I used hacked BIOS that I linked.

Thanks for the guide. My SA also has ALPS touchpad. I just installed your VoodooPS2Controller.kext and function keys for Touch-pad disable,Brightness and Zoom doesn't work. Is there any setting I need to modify?

You need to apply the "Enable Function Keys" patch from my repo. That is the key. Pun intended :)

Yeah...it works. Really thanks for the great work.
You're welcome. If you find PS2K code for sleep or any ideas for other keys please share.

Hi @tosbaha

Many thanks for your work on Sony VPCSA. Following your method, the F5 & F6 can be used to adjust the brightness for the first time and the touchpad works better than before.

Just have two questions here.

1. I always use the dsdt patched with @pgh550 's method #32. It works normal until now, 10.12.5.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-update-sony-s-series-to-clover-yosemite.156533/page-4

If I patch it with your method, when it reboot to the desktop, the hard disk led always flash even I do nothing.

2. I patched all the ssdt files with your instruction. The only problem is the SSDT-2 will make the laptop reboot automatically before entering the desktop. So I have to remove it from the patched folder.

BTW, I still use voodoohda.kext, not the AppleALC.kext as you used.

Cheers

Peng

Hi,
1. My current setup works with 10.12.5 as well. My hard disk led doesn't flash as you said. Only addition I made is to use new brightness patch that I detailed in this post.
2. SSDT-2 patch is a simple patch which just removes the erroneous line so that file compiles. I don't know maybe your SSDT-2 is different.

All the patches I use are in my repo. You can start fresh with my patches. Please disassemble your files correctly before doing the patches, just like in this guide.

Another reason could be your config.plist Maybe it doesn't have necessary settings inside.Are you dropping OEM SSDT? Please check my config.plist with yours maybe you can find out the error. I am attaching my current Clover folder. Maybe you can pinpoint the error. Please be aware that I am using patched EDID. Don't use my config.plist directly. Either remove EDID patch or just copy paste relevant lines.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    873.5 KB · Views: 261
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back