Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sony VAIO FIT 15E | macOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please share your config.plist file.?? I also have sony vaio fit14 laptop.

hey,

I will post it when I'm back from holiday. I don't have my VAIO here. Will be around mid next week.
I will also update the whole guide with some enhancements and fixes next weekend.

hey,

I will post it when I'm back from holiday. I don't have my VAIO here. Will be around mid next week.
I will also update the whole guide with some enhancements and fixes next weekend.

Can you update now.?

Can you update now.?

Sorry for my late reply. I'm still on the run.
I quickly uploaded my actual config.plist into the cloud. I will update the download link in the main guide tomorrow.
If you have problems or further questions just let me know.

config.plist
Please keep in mind that minor settings for your personal hardware should be corrected!

Last edited:
@pink.bird Hi. I followed your guide a few months ago to get my hack working. Wanted to know if you've upgraded to High Sierra, and if you've got iTunes crashing frequently. Thanks :D

@pink.bird Hi. I followed your guide a few months ago to get my hack working. Wanted to know if you've upgraded to High Sierra, and if you've got iTunes crashing frequently. Thanks :D

Hey,

just started updating the guide thread to macOS High Sierra. I'm a daily using iTunes user. So far I cannot confirm having any problems with iTunes (or iTunes Sync with other devices).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-05 um 18.47.41.png
Working like a charm so far. Is it crashing totally an always?

Hey,

just started updating the guide thread to macOS High Sierra. I'm a daily using iTunes user. So far I cannot confirm having any problems with iTunes (or iTunes Sync with other devices).

Working like a charm so far. Is it crashing totally an always?

Me and some of the guys are having our iTunes crash constantly. It's like this is cycle where it crashes 3-4 times and works one or two times, and then again crashes 3-4 times. If I talk about my experience, iTunes isn't exactly "unusable" for me, but it certainly is a nuisance. We have this thread where we are brainstorming possible culprits and finding a solution to our problem- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-12-7-constantly-crashing-random-messages.233135/page-4

If you come across something, please do share on the thread.

@pink.bird Wanted to know if you have a HDD and if you converted to APFS.

@MatchesMalonee
Right now I'm using a Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB.
Yes, I did let the APFS conversion pass, when upgrading to macOS High Sierra. There haven't been any problems. But remember to put the APFS.efi into clover.

And over all, I recommend using Rehabman's nice Clover download (with MountESP script, fixed for APFS configurations, etc.).
Uhh... Actually I'm using a HDD and I stuck with HFS+

Uhh... Actually I'm using a HDD and I stuck with HFS+

Don't know if it will fix your problem, but when I had chrashing problems with iTunes in the past, I did the following:

1. Uncheck account/'iCloud Music Media Library' under menu iTunes > Settings > General Tab.
  2. Wait some moments until all stuff in your library is gone.
  3. Go to menu File > Media Library > Activate Genius (if it's still activated, deactivate it, and the activate it again).
  4. Then close iTunes and re-open it.
  5. Click on File > Media Library > Update Genius.
  6. Wait until it's finished.
  7. Then, again, go to iTunes > Settings > General Tab and recheck iCloud Music Media Library
  8. Your Library should be synchronized successfully.
In many scenarios this helped me out. Maybe one way you didn't already tried ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back