Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sony VAIO FIT 15E | macOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @MatchesMalonee,
I will try to answer your questions.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

I know exactly what you mean. I suggest you to create a fully working, individual processed VoodooPS2Controller.kext for your touchpad. You will get fully working new-style (animated) Trackpad.

touchpad.png

To get your own KEXT do the following steps:

1. CREATE VOODOO-PS2-CONTROLLER.KEXT

• Install Xcode
  • Only Xcode won’t be enough. The older SDKs for Xcode are required too, because the deployment target platform is 10.6 and you won’t be able to compile the kext without them. You need SDKs 10.6 to 10.10 incl. They are collected at GitHub all here
  • Just extract them to...
    Code:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs
  • ...or extract them to any other place and make symlinks to them in the above path.
  • In Terminal:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/usr-sse2/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller.git
    Code:
    cd OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
    Code:
    git checkout 3fdrag
    Code:
    open VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj
  • In Xcode-window select scheme ‚All Kexts‘ from the topbar menu.
  • Press Command-B
  • Right-click Products/VoodooPS2Controller.kext in Xcode's left side-window and select 'Show in Finder'.
  • Select your freshly processed VoodooPS2Controller.kext and install properly. Take KEXT UTILITY for example.
  • Then absolutely rebuild kernel cache:
    Code:
    sudo kextcache -i /
  • Restart. You should then see Trackpad under settings. You should now be able to access all functions as on the attached picture above

Since I'm on-the-go next two days, I will answer to the other questions the next days. Maybe someone else could also help. Hope I could help you with your trackpad.

Hey @MatchesMalonee,
I will try to answer your questions.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

I know exactly what you mean. I suggest you to create a fully working, individual processed VoodooPS2Controller.kext for your touchpad. You will get fully working new-style (animated) Trackpad.

To get your own KEXT do the following steps:

1. CREATE VOODOO-PS2-CONTROLLER.KEXT

• Install Xcode
  • Only Xcode won’t be enough. The older SDKs for Xcode are required too, because the deployment target platform is 10.6 and you won’t be able to compile the kext without them. You need SDKs 10.6 to 10.10 incl. They are collected at GitHub all here
  • Just extract them to...
    Code:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs
  • ...or extract them to any other place and make symlinks to them in the above path.
  • In Terminal:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/usr-sse2/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller.git
    Code:
    cd OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
    Code:
    git checkout 3fdrag
    Code:
    open VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj
  • In Xcode-window select scheme ‚All Kexts‘ from the topbar menu.
  • Press Command-B
  • Right-click Products/VoodooPS2Controller.kext in Xcode's left side-window and select 'Show in Finder'.
  • Select your freshly processed VoodooPS2Controller.kext and install properly. Take KEXT UTILITY for example.
  • Then absolutely rebuild kernel cache:
    Code:
    sudo kextcache -i /
  • Restart. You should then see Trackpad under settings. You should now be able to access all functions as on the attached picture above

Since I'm on-the-go next two days, I will answer to the other questions the next days. Maybe someone else could also help. Hope I could help you with your trackpad.

@pink.bird - Thanks for your input. Turns out I didn't have a VoodooPS2Controller.kext file to begin with. I installed it using Kext Utility and now my Trackpad and Keyboard work fine. Multi-finger gestures, expect two-finger scroll, are not recognised though. But that won't be an issue, since I don't use them much. Thanks for your help!

Hi, @pink.bird

SPECIFICATIONS of my VAIO SVF1521wst as same as yours
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen)
  • RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM
  • Grapics: Intel HD4000
  • Display: 15.5" Widescreen LED-Backlit 16:9
  • Chipset: 7-Series
  • Drive: Kingston SSDNow uv400
  • Sound: Realtek ALC233
  • BIOS version*: R0250DA (recommend to flash newest update
    from Sony from NOV.2016. Click on version number for download.
    This Link is non commercial and just for exact model SVF1521O4E!
    Flashing just supported under Windows)
  • Backlit keyboard
  • NVidia GT740m 64-bit
What do i do nvidia graphics?

Last edited:
Hi, @pink.bird

SPECIFICATIONS of my VAIO SVF1521wst as same as yours
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen)
  • RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM
  • Grapics: Intel HD4000
  • Display: 15.5" Widescreen LED-Backlit 16:9
  • Chipset: 7-Series
  • Drive: Kingston SSDNow uv400
  • Sound: Realtek ALC233
  • BIOS version*: R0250DA (recommend to flash newest update
    from Sony from NOV.2016. Click on version number for download.
    This Link is non commercial and just for exact model SVF1521O4E!
    Flashing just supported under Windows)
  • Backlit keyboard
  • NVidia GT740m 64-bit
What do i do nvidia graphics?
not a great deal as Optimus is not supported

you can disable the graphics:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

which will help increase battery life

well..followed the steps but my webcam is not working...any help would be highly appreciated

Should i follow this instruction, my laptop is Vaio E 17 - SVE17 125cxb?
Chip : i7 - 3632QM
Intel Hd 4000 ( 1920 x 1080 res )
Ram : 8G - DDR3 - 1600 ( 4Gx2)
Wifi: Atheros WB225 ( this does not work at all, i think)
Audio: i do not know exactly but it worked with Yosemite.

Overall, my specs is quite similar to yours ,i just concern about plist file.
here is the detail link from sony
https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/SVE17125CXB_mksp.pdf

I tried with the basic instruction from homepage , but not went well, :

I tried with 3 ways:
1. i plugged HDMI monitor and boot with flag ( -v GraphicsEnabler=yes) , it would work with only external display, it seems like internal display not work.
( i have another HP desktop SFF and that desk worked with above boot args)

2. i unplugged the HDMI and boot, it would print out something(-v) then suddenly turned black (laptop was running but showed black screen).

3. i renamed injectIntel - *-platform-id to 01660004 and boot, then i could go to setup window but after installation,it reboot and turned black screen also.

This laptop worked with Yosemite so i think i missed some step or config.

Edit ********

I tried this instruction and could boot with my internal display but got stuck at "PATCHING AND COMPILING ACPI FILES" ,while trying to save patched DSDT to .alm.
(attached image)

But I skipped this error and continued with the rest, and ended up with Trackpad work, no sound, no HDMI.( I plugin external monitor but my laptop did not recognize external monitor)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 8.21.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 8.21.05 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
@pink.bird. Hi. First of all, I thank you for all the effort you put in, in making this guide as clear and unambiguous as possible.

Now onto business, I own a Sony Vaio (model name: SVF15325SNW, model number: SVF153B1YW). It runs on an i3-4005U Haswell Processor, 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM and Intel HD Graphics 4400. Wireless Interface is BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (Broadcom Limited). 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive.

I have installed macOS Sierra (10.12.2) on it. Fixing it wasn't easy, but I am left with 3 issues (2 major, 1 minor)

1. I can't get my Trackpad to function as I want it to. It recognises a touch, but not a tap. After I login to my account, tap-to-click ceases to functions and I am left with hard clicks when I want to select an item, which will destroy my trackpad in the long run. I also found that the Trackpad pane in System Preferences is blank. I don't know what it means, but I'm sure that they are connected.
  2. I can't get my webcam to work. When I first installed my macOS using a YouTube video as a reference guide, qe/ci wasn't active, but my webcam was working. I later discovered that RehabMan uploaded a fix for systems using Intel HD4400 Graphics. Now my display works fine, but the camera is not recognised.
  3. This is a minor one, and I can certainly learn to live with this. It's just that my computer's brightness level is frozen, and I can't get it work. It's not at an absolute low. I can read text without having to squint my eyes.

It'd be really cool of you if you could help me with this.

Did your HDMI work? ( external monitor)

Should i follow this instruction, my laptop is Vaio E 17 - SVE17 125cxb?
Chip : i7 - 3632QM
Intel Hd 4000 ( 1920 x 1080 res )
Ram : 8G - DDR3 - 1600 ( 4Gx2)
Wifi: Atheros WB225 ( this does not work at all, i think)
Audio: i do not know exactly but it worked with Yosemite.

Overall, my specs is quite similar to yours ,i just concern about plist file.
here is the detail link from sony
https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/SVE17125CXB_mksp.pdf

I tried with the basic instruction from homepage , but not went well, :

I tried with 3 ways:
1. i plugged HDMI monitor and boot with flag ( -v GraphicsEnabler=yes) , it would work with only external display, it seems like internal display not work.
( i have another HP desktop SFF and that desk worked with above boot args)

2. i unplugged the HDMI and boot, it would print out something(-v) then suddenly turned black (laptop was running but showed black screen).

3. i renamed injectIntel - *-platform-id to 01660004 and boot, then i could go to setup window but after installation,it reboot and turned black screen also.

This laptop worked with Yosemite so i think i missed some step or config.

Edit ********

I tried this instruction and could boot with my internal display but got stuck at "PATCHING AND COMPILING ACPI FILES" ,while trying to save patched DSDT to .alm.
(attached image)

But I skipped this error and continued with the rest, and ended up with Trackpad work, no sound, no HDMI.( I plugin external monitor but my laptop did not recognize external monitor)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Can you please share your config.plist file.?? I also have sony vaio fit14 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back