Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [Skylake] El Capitan MSI Z170A-Tomahawk + i5 6600K + GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
the file links doesn't work.

can you plz update the links?

Have you tried the latest MultiBeast ALC892 kext? Works for me.

Note: firstly I installed two kexts from this guide.

do you happen to have this files around? original link is down ..

do you happen to have this files around? original link is down ..
I'm not sure but most likely those files are from the post. See attached.

Attachments

• ALC892 Kexts.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
The preconfigured config.plist download page is down...
Could anyone tell me where to find one? Thanks!
You can try my config based on the original one from the thread's author.

Attachments

• installation-config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 356
Please check and refresh the links on the topic's header. Files they point to do not exist anymore

Yes, please do. I'm hoping that I can follow this guide with Sierra. I'm using a some what similar setup but I'm having issues. Pretty sure it's because I lack the files from the original post.

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Intel Core i5-6600K
8GB ADATA XPG 2800MHz
Intel 535 Series SSD - Windows 10
WD Blue SSHD 2TB - Storage for Windows and Mac
64GB Generic SSD - For macOS
MSI GTX 960 4GB OC 4GD5T

Hey Zorat not sure if you are looking for a guiide or if someone else is interested who have the Z170A Tomahawk AC board, I actually used this Vanilla install guide for this board and it is running flawlessly!
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

Hey Zorat not sure if you are looking for a guiide or if someone else is interested who have the Z170A Tomahawk AC board, I actually used this Vanilla install guide for this board and it is running flawlessly!
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

Thanks, that would have been helpful. I found that UniBeast and Multibeast do a number of things under the covers that caused me tons of problems, which I couldn't fix, because I had no idea what they had changed. We used sudo kextcache -i / that showed things were being added from somewhere but couldn't find where and therefore couldn't remove it to fix the issue. I did a really nice clean vanilla install and everything worked great. AND, I knew every change that was made, so I could troubleshoot any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back