Contribute
Register

[Guide] Simple & fully functioning install of El Capitan to Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , I not wanted to be aggressive . I use a translator because I 'm not English speaking... I will try your method.

So, I did it and all is ok except Messages...

Thanks for your method

I use these kexts in clover folder 10.11:
FakeSMC
ALXEthernet
VoodooHDA - as a sound.

El Capitan works fine on z77d3sh with clover, but chamelion enoch gives an error ))

Hi there!

I will try your approach on my Z77-DS3H, i'm a little unsure with one thing

After many restarts I know what to do to have a fully functioning install of El Capitan.

13. Open /Library/Extension on the new SSD and copying the new kexts
FakeSMC.kextAppleIntelE1000e.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
from there to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
14. Not all this kexts are needed for the Z77-DS3H. Therefore all but FakeSMC.kext and realtekALC.kext are deleted.
15. Now the kext for ethernet "ALXEthernet.kext" is copied from the EFI partition of the USB stick (use EFI Mounter-v2.app) to the EFI partition of the new El Capitan SSD.
16. In /E/C/k/10.11 now are this three kexts:
ALXEthernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext

If i copy

RealtekRTL8111.kext

to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

and i copy "ALXEthernet.kext" from the efi of the usb than i get

RealtekRTL8111.kext
ALXEthernet.kext

which means i have 4 kext there... so do i have to delete "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext" from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ?

Sorry for bad grammar (english is not my native language) :rolleyes:

Merci beacoup! Great suggestions and thanks for taking the time to post. Followed your order and I am up and running! But I do notice that my 660ti novabench mark is 770fps. It was 1400fps on os x 10.8.

Maybe you should give the nVidia web driver a chance?

Well, if you read you see that my installation works completely...
I only can tell this. Maybe you want to try my method on a second drive?
It's very simple to replicate.

iMessage etc. is a completely different theme. You have to search explicitly for this.
iMessage works perfectly on this board. Note make sure to inject System ID due to SId Bug.

13. Open /Library/Extension on the new SSD and copying the new kexts
RealtekRTL8111.kext
from there to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
14. Not all this kexts are needed for the Z77-DS3H. Therefore all but FakeSMC.kext and realtekALC.kext are deleted.
15. Now the kext for ethernet "ALXEthernet.kext" is copied from the EFI partition of the USB stick (use EFI Mounter-v2.app) to the EFI partition of the new El Capitan SSD.
16. In /E/C/k/10.11 now are this three kexts:
ALXEthernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext

Please do NOT use ALXEthernet.kext. It is BROKEN with this motherboard (or just broken, period). You will randomly get crashes while transmitting ethernet packets (receiving works OK, so if you never upload, you may never trip over this bug, but it's there). I put up with this for ages, and it was horrible, before eventually figuring out that my ethernet was the problem. Then I got a USB Ethernet which fixed things for me at the expense of performance. I finally found the right driver while I was upgrading to ElCap.

There were apparently two versions of this motherboard, one with the Atheros 8151 and one with the Atheros 8161.

I have the Atheros 8151, and I'm using the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/374-atherosl1cethernetkext but you can compile it yourself if you like from code at https://code.google.com/p/iats/downloads/list .

If you have the 8161, you'll need the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext. It's safe to just put both in /L/E, or in /E/C/k/10.11, if you don't want to figure out which one you have.

Please do NOT use ALXEthernet.kext. It is BROKEN with this motherboard (or just broken, period). You will randomly get crashes while transmitting ethernet packets (receiving works OK, so if you never upload, you may never trip over this bug, but it's there). I put up with this for ages, and it was horrible, before eventually figuring out that my ethernet was the problem. Then I got a USB Ethernet which fixed things for me at the expense of performance. I finally found the right driver while I was upgrading to ElCap.

There were apparently two versions of this motherboard, one with the Atheros 8151 and one with the Atheros 8161.

I have the Atheros 8151, and I'm using the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/374-atherosl1cethernetkext but you can compile it yourself if you like from code at https://code.google.com/p/iats/downloads/list .

If you have the 8161, you'll need the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext. It's safe to just put both in /L/E, or in /E/C/k/10.11, if you don't want to figure out which one you have.

ALXEthernet.kexts works perfectly fine for me. I'm using it in 10.11.2 no problems.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 10.11.21.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 10.11.21.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 238
Yeah both Kexts work fine nowadays. I am using Atheros.
Also using 13,2 because of the Sandy CPU but I don't recall having issues with 14,1 or 14,2.
Avoid 6,1 of course for the Nvidia bug (if this still happens in the latest El Capitan)
I will have to switch to 15,1 when I get my Z97X with 4790k though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back