Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm on F22, haven't seen any problems looks like it's work good

Hi guys, I need your help please.
I had a good system, working without big problems on Sierra.
I switched to High Sierra with the same configuration and everything worked too.
Then I decided to upgrade my computer and replaced the CPU with a 7700k and my gtx 950 with two 1070s...
Then I tried to install everything from the beginning through 10.13.2, last clover and my old configuration...
Well... I screwed all the things up for good XD
Please, can someone post his EFI (Z170X-UD3 plus nVidia) and tell me what to do with the last Clover?
I'm no expert but I was lucky...
Now I don't know what to do anymore :\

Oh My God I don't wanna open everything up again lol
When I replaced the CPU everything worked fine...
My problem came from the impossibility to update GPU driver and OSX.
I needed to install the last GPU driver because I wanted to check something but in order to do that, I had to update OSX.
I tried but 10.13.2 didn't want to be installed...
The process looked like it was complete but that was not true... so I thought to do everything from the beginning... and now I don't know what to do because it doesn't work, even if I use UniBeast (never used that before).
If someone has a working efi or at least can tell me which build of Clover works (because the last one I think has some problems with our motherboard...)
BTW now I'm gonna try with 10.12...6? I don't remember... perhaps that's the last one...
If that works I'll try to update from there...
Now I'm thinking about that... if I'm not wrong that's what I did the first time because High Sierra didn't wanna boot directly so I updated from Sierra...
Any suggestions would be very appreciated XD

Out of curiosity can this guide be used to do a fresh install of HS 10.13.3? If not what steps need to be changed?

I’d be interested in this too!

I decided to tackle this again with a fresh build of High Sierra. I followed the generic installation instructions using UniBeast and Multibeast, and am happy to report some success. The basic build works (video, networking, audio, usb2, sleep). I haven't tested usb3/usb3.1 or every USB port.

The one lingering issue I have noticed is that after wake the audio is dead until a reboot. I recall this problem in the past. I did find and try Codec Commander (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/overview) but am in a bit over-my-head there. If anyone is interested I have attached my Multibeast settings. If anyone has suggestions on troubleshooting the audio-after-sleep issue, I am happy to read them.

BTW I use HDMI for video, and whether on Hackintosh or PC, sometimes after sleep I have to toggle the source to get it to "wake" the monitor. I assume this is my monitor rather than anything else, but if you get the dreaded "black screen" after wake, you might try that before you mess with your settings.

Attachments

• ga170xud3.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 207
I found this thread today while troubleshooting USB issues on my GA0-170X-UD3 Ultra running High Sierra 10.13.2. Ran the script and placed the generated files in the correct location. After a restart all of my USB ports are now working with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. Thanks so much for making this as simple as it could possibly be!

Hey guys, I've been trying to upgrade my rig to High Sierra from 10.12.6, but every time I I run the installer and it restarts and I select the macOS install partition in clover it runs, gets halfway and restarts and essentially keeps doing that. I can boot back into my Sierra partition afterwards since nothing has been touched. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem upgrading and how they solved it.

My rig is:

i7-6700k, ga-z170x-ud3, rx480.

For anyone interested in what's involved in upgrading from sierra to high sierra on this mobo, all that was required for me was to wipe my efi partition then do a fresh clover install with emulated nvram(dunno if this mobo supports native nvram? better safe than sorry since I needed nvidia webdrivers).
I had a spinlock kernel panick until I wiped the efi partition to kinda start a fresh and recopy over the old kexts that were working previously.
After installing clover fresh, copy over all the pre-existing kext's from the sierra install in kext/other from the old efi(also enable kextinject in your config.plist).
After that it's working great on 10.13.6 including sleep functionality.
I've attached my kext's incase anyone wants them.

Attachments

• Other.zip
    844.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hi,
I finally updated from 12.6 to 13.6 following this thread.
Passed the Black screen of updating Clover, I manage to install system updates, no problems on this side.

My issue : My GTX 1060 is no more seen by the system (in About this Mac or the Nvidia Driver manager). I'm unable to use the web drivers, only system drivers (with flickering)

Any hints on directions to fix issue ? uninstall reinstall driver, EFI partition/kext, bios setup...

Edit : Copied back my backed up drivers64UEFI missing files. Every thing is back to normal :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back