Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the model number? there are several of them through the link and some of the does not have bluetooth capability

doesn't look likes it at that link anymore.

the card i have is:
Fenvi FV-T919
Seems like it is no longer available. Don't know where else can I get it.

Seems like it is no longer available. Don't know where else can I get it.

I got mine on aliexpress and although is no longer available (the exact same model T919) there's this one that's also hackintosh compatible:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/300...Wireless-WiFi-Atheros-AR9280/32663210802.html

IRL Fenvi is an aliexpress shop so all the amazon links are guys who purchased through there first.

The downside is that shipping is slow :/ mine took around 40 days to arrive. On the plus side it worked perfectly

What is the model number? there are several of them through the link and some of the does not have bluetooth capability
I have the TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

Has anyone had any experience with the F23d BIOS on the GA-170X-UD3? I am currently on the F6 BIOS and am concerned that if I upgrade above F20, Gigabyte states that the BIOS cannot be downgraded to anything earlier. I am on 10.12.3 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740.

I am using the F23d Bios with no problems

Hi, I was with El Capitan with F6 bios.
I wanted to update to Sierra so I first updated to F7c Bios (before any Clover update) =>> boot stoped with Apple logo on black background and with a progress bar not progressing.
I updated to the latest Bios (F23d) as someone wrote here it was safe. =>> boot loop between Apple logo screen and GigaByte logo...
Any one to help me either go back to F6 bios (and my working El Capitan up to date) or to get out of this loop ?
I have acces to Clover menu (with F8, version 2.3k rev 3761)

Edit : My working El Capitan is from cnrd install thread.

Last edited:
Just like a CMOS reset ?
Never thought of that ^^

Edit : set up everything as should be for El Capitan =>> stuck on Apple logo screen, no progress bar.
I'll simulate install from USB stick to see if I can boot from there (I still have my El Capitan install stick).

Edit 2 : I tryed USB install following the guide with Clover 2.3 =>> stuck at 75% on progress bar on apple logo loading screen or I-don't-know-where in verbose
I updated my Clover to 2.4 (sad there is no link/thread here to find the last version easily or I'm dumb and didn't found it ^^) and Sierra install screen popped up :D :D
I was afraid to be in Murphy's thing : don't try to change/fix something working :)
Now installing on secondary HDD before updating my original one. Maybe just updating Clover on my El Capitan setup was just needed...
Edit 3 : After reboot from new installed system I tryed to go back to my El Capitan install : Worked !
Now I'm updating to Sierra...
Edit 4 : El Capitan updated to Sierra, Nvidia driver finding update by itself, minor softwares updates to do (Wacom driver...) :)
Edit 5 (last one ^^) : links to audio_CloverALC-xxx.comman.zip and Audio_CloverHDMI-xxx.command are brokent (on the first post). Here are the links for GitHub pages : audio_CloverALC-xxx.comman.zip and Audio_CloverHDMI-xxx.command.
On respective page, click on the download button on the right.
Works fine for me herr, got sound back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back