Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm

Last edited:
Try to tick FixShutdown in Clover Configurator...
Thank you, I thought I had already checked that box since the first install :confused: Anyway, now it's solved.

So now the OSX loads all the way then when it's supposed to load the setup it gives me a giant wrong sign. I remember it working when I had it setup on 14.2 iMac it would load and install. Does anyone know a solution?

Hello guys!

It's been a long time since posting in this forum. I am currently stuck with getting my XFX R9 390X to work properly in sierra. If anyone has a good guide or know what to do that would be much appreciated.

My system currently boots into SIERRA with Safe Mode active. I haven't done anything beyond install.

Thanks again for future advice.

Cheers

Nick

Hey guys,

I've just updated to Sierra from El Cap, following the guide in the post.

The problem is - i struggled to get the graphics driver to work but now it does. Something weird is happening though. Whenever I boot up Sierra, after it loads everything it stays in black screen for one minute or so then the desktop shows up.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Same problem here with 2 monitors (DP+HDMI).
Workaround: turn off the 2nd monitor during startup... But it's still longer to reach the desktop than with El capitan.
It must be a bug with nvidia webdrivers.

Workaround: turn off the 2nd monitor during startup... But it's still longer to reach the desktop than with El capitan.
It must be a bug with nvidia webdrivers

Weird thing is - I had Sierra installed from scratch (not upgraded from El Cap) and this wasn't happening. The only thing i could think about now is uninstall/install nvidia drivers but most likely it won't solve the issue.

It must be a bug with nvidia webdrivers.

Any chance you can share your config.plist, kexts, etc ?

I'm trying to install straight to Sierra (without first installing El Capitan) and I can almost get there. The video is always the issue.

Everything seems fine until I install the video and then it goes to crap. I'm running F7c and my config is almost identical to yours with (mobo, i5, and 970).

I'm connected via HDMI, and once I try to install the video drivers, when I reboot, the loading gets to two thirds and then my screen goes to black. System still seems responsive as I can turn caps lock on and off.

I'll try waiting for a minute or two and seeing if the graphics kick in. This is frustrating as I'm so close, everything else works and I can boot off my install USB without issue.

I'd like to try patching with someone else's working files and see if that helps. Everything else seems to work: USB, ethernet, etc.

Is the issue likely that I'm trying to go straight to Sierra ? Somehow I don't think so since I can get everything else working.

Any chance you can share your config.plist, kexts, etc ?

I'm trying to install straight to Sierra (without first installing El Capitan) and I can almost get there. The video is always the issue.

Everything seems fine until I install the video and then it goes to crap. I'm running F7c and my config is almost identical to yours with (mobo, i5, and 970).

I'm connected via HDMI, and once I try to install the video drivers, when I reboot, the loading gets to two thirds and then my screen goes to black. System still seems responsive as I can turn caps lock on and off.

I'll try waiting for a minute or two and seeing if the graphics kick in. This is frustrating as I'm so close, everything else works and I can boot off my install USB without issue.

I'd like to try patching with someone else's working files and see if that helps. Everything else seems to work: USB, ethernet, etc.

Is the issue likely that I'm trying to go straight to Sierra ? Somehow I don't think so since I can get everything else working.

I think going straight to Sierra might be a better idea. Did you do the AGDPFix as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back