Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same reasons for me, although i should have got a thunderbolt version.

Today I've had two random restarts while working. I can't quite pinpoint the reason. Is there any place I could look to see why these restarts happened?
I believe you might be able to add a thunderbolt adapter card. It is something I will look into sometime this year.

Haven't experienced your restart issue, but then again I haven't spent much time on this new built while I was mostly on my older hackintosh. You might want to search the forum for "random restarts". I will keep you posted if I ever encounter this issue.

I believe you might be able to add a thunderbolt adapter card. It is something I will look into sometime this year.

Haven't experienced your restart issue, but then again I haven't spent much time on this new built while I was mostly on my older hackintosh. You might want to search the forum for "random restarts". I will keep you posted if I ever encounter this issue.
Actually I have a thunderbolt card - Asus ThunderboltEX2. I got it to work by not connecting the cable to the motherboard and it works only with TB connected at startup, which is normal.

What is weird is that I've had data corruption while working. It seems like there's something wrong when reading data from the TB hard drive to the computer.

The data itself on the hard drive is not corrupted, I was just getting artifacts on playback(when editing). The weird thing is that the artifacts stay right there - if I access that file and play it back. This only happened once and it's raising some questions.

I've connected this hard drive to a mac pro and there are no problems.

Actually I have a thunderbolt card - Asus ThunderboltEX2. I got it to work by not connecting the cable to the motherboard and it works only with TB connected at startup, which is normal.

What is weird is that I've had data corruption while working. It seems like there's something wrong when reading data from the TB hard drive to the computer.

The data itself on the hard drive is not corrupted, I was just getting artifacts on playback(when editing). The weird thing is that the artifacts stay right there - if I access that file and play it back. This only happened once and it's raising some questions.

I've connected this hard drive to a mac pro and there are no problems.
That needs to be sorted out, so far all my editing was done using external USB 3.0 drives with FCPX on my old hackintosh and it turned out to be very reliable. I haven't done much editing on this new computer but I had problems cloning some drives with my front USB 3.0 port. Now that all ports are working, I can't wait to see how this machine behaves.

Hey guys so I updated my bios on my motherboard to f22 after having everything working fine even with video and audio on the f20 and now after many attempts, I can't seem to get it to even install now. it crashes in verbose mode about something about USB. I did all the Bios settings the same as the guide. I hope you guys can help. I shouldn't have updated the bios. The only reason why I did was because i couldn't seem to get the thunderbolt to work. It worked fine in windows 10 with my Twin Duo. When i went on the mac side it didn't even recognize i had thunderbolt.

Hey guys so I updated my bios on my motherboard to f22 after having everything working fine even with video and audio on the f20 and now after many attempts, I can't seem to get it to even install now. it crashes in verbose mode about something about USB. I did all the Bios settings the same as the guide. I hope you guys can help. I shouldn't have updated the bios. The only reason why I did was because i couldn't seem to get the thunderbolt to work. It worked fine in windows 10 with my Twin Duo. When i went on the mac side it didn't even recognize i had thunderbolt.
See post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-the-ga-z170x-ud3.202296/page-28#post-1426323 for rolling back the BIOS.

Which thunderbolt card do you have?

Hello, I'm on F20 BIOS and with the latest versions of Clover (revision >4000) it doesn't shut down properly. Although it's disabled in BIOS, the computer starts when any keyboard key is pressed. Anyone noticed the same behaviour?

Im using the stock on board usb 3.1 on the ud3 ultra.
Also where do i put the patched files?

im using your config for my clover still get stuck at the same spot in verbose mode.
You mean the bios you're rolling back to?

Just put the bios file on the root of the bootable stick. Make sure you rename the file to bios.bin .

Your config might be different since you have the "ultra" version. I'm not sure about this.

You mean the bios you're rolling back to?

Just put the bios file on the root of the bootable stick. Make sure you rename the file to bios.bin .

Your config might be different since you have the "ultra" version. I'm not sure about this.
Currently using f20 bios. The weird thing is that I had it working before just using Unibeatbootable usb at one point. under imac14.2

Hello, I'm on F20 BIOS and with the latest versions of Clover (revision >4000) it doesn't shut down properly. Although it's disabled in BIOS, the computer starts when any keyboard key is pressed. Anyone noticed the same behaviour?
Try to tick FixShutdown in Clover Configurator...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back