Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sleeman2007 - Thanks for posting your clover config & directory. As someone who after a month of tinkering still doesn't have everything working quite right, I am wondering why I wouldn't just replace my clover directory + config (adding in my serial and id) and try booting from that? I'm assuming most of the variation would be from timings from the CPU and graphics injection, but if we all have the same board / chipset? Curious. Thanks.

Hello all. I'm trying to get 5.1 (or 2.1) analog audio working with this board. I've followed the bits in the other thread for this (How to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in OS X | tonymacx86.com) to make a composite device, and I can hear audio out of just the subwoofer if I really crank it up. Any other tricks you folks are doing to get audio working?

GCZZI

The trick is to get a working install on you HDD, then add the config.plist entries and kext to be able the "see" the SSDs. Format them then install clover on them and copy the config.plist and kext from your working HDD install. You should be able to clone the macOS installation from the HDD to the SSD. I used carboncopy.

Thanks so much for your guide, I have the OSX desktop and I am currently trying to run through the post-install.

It is not clear if I should be running 'freqVectorsEdit.sh' on the new Hackintosh, or the old Mac?

"Triggering a kernelcache refresh ..." is scaring me

When running the "ssdtPRGen.sh" script, I get:

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl

v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen

v21.4 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 3862: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Versions.cfg: No such file or directory

System information: Mac OS X 10.12.2 (16C68)

Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...

unzip: cannot find or open /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip, /Users/al/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.zip or /Users/al/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.ZIP.

rm: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip: No such file or directory

Fixing executing bit of extractACPITables ...

chmod: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

mkdir: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI: Permission denied

./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2674: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

grep: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory

Error: /Users/me/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/DSDT.aml not found!

Aborting ...

Done.

No PM for me?

Can I edit my config.plist from Clover before booting into the OS? The NVidia = true completely shuts down my machine.
You may boot from the USB stick and then select your main drive. Then you can change your config.plist in your main drive's EFI

I just can't get my Nvidia 980 Ti work work with the web drivers. I've purchased all the recommended gear and I still can't get the video card to work after 3 days of trying. I've tried every thread and youtube video I can find. I'm starting to wonder if Hackintosh is really worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back