Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the recommended bios version to use with this motherboard? I am on a pre rev 20 bios.

Frank

Hey guys,

For the life of me I can't figure out how to fix the random restarts issue. I now doubt it's related to USB3 as this is happening even when I have no USB hard drives connected. Who knows, maybe it's from the peripherals.

I have no clue about where to look for issues. Please, I really need help on this. I can't work on this system.

I've updated to F21.

Changed the BIOS settings to the ones in this post, it only boots in windows.

If I try to boot from the OSX drive, it only shows up as "P3: Samsung SSD.." and I get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error.

I definitely CAN boot in OSX through booting clover on the install USB drive. And it sees the USB drive as "UEFI: ...." while choosing the boot drive. This is the only way.

I've also lost audio.

Any ideas?
Hi there bugsyraz, I'm having the same problem with my built. But on my motherboard its on F22 and I'm having problems with it. I have install and reinstall sierra and made usb boots a few times cause idk if i was missing something or am I missing a step. Have you got it to work. If someone can guide me to what i gotta do more appreciated.

My built: ga-z170z-ud3 ultra
i7-6700
samsung ssd 850 evo
ballistix sport 8gb 2400
evga geforce 1050 ti pascal

It could be the BIOS version. I'm thinking of downgrading to F6 or F20. Anyone on F6 and stable?

These restarts seem to be happening mostly when under load. Maybe a processor thing?

Last edited:
Well idk cause I had install El Capitan and I was ok had some lil issues and I had to manually boot up but once I was in I was ok but like I said with some small issues and since I have the new graphics card 1050ti pascal it's only supported on sierra and that's the reason why I want to go on sierra

Yes, got that part. The problem is making the bootable USB disk. I can't use rufus because no Windows available, and the mac-alternative UNetbootin does not want to make an empty bootable USB disk without a disk image. Maybe I should just go for the FreeDOS distro. How did you make yours?

Still having issues with that F23b BIOS?

Yes, got that part. The problem is making the bootable USB disk. I can't use rufus because no Windows available, and the mac-alternative UNetbootin does not want to make an empty bootable USB disk without a disk image. Maybe I should just go for the FreeDOS distro. How did you make yours?

Still having issues with that F23b BIOS?

Yes, I've been having the same exact issue for a long long time. Random restarts in the midst of my work. This is totally unreliable so I'm sticking to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back