Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep is working for me on my 1060. In my clover Boot -> Arguments I have dart=0 darkwake=8, not sure if that matters. Sleep is so dicey on hacks that I'm always afraid to mess with anything or I'll break sleep. I think I have my 1060 as primary in the BIOS? You might try changing that if you have iGPU to primary or vice versa. At one point in the 10.11.x days sleep only worked on AMD GPUs if the iGPU was primary. It's a lot of trial and error.

I don't have any knowledge about getting your monitor's built-in USB hub working at USB3 speed. If you followed post #1 instructions about generating the USB aml for your system and disabled the 15 port limit patch, and you look in System Report are the USB ports being properly tagged as USB2 or 3, if you plug stuff into them? And you plugged your monitor's USB out to a USB 3 in but the hub is still at USB 2 speed? Yeah I don't know how to fix that. Might check for other posts under post-installation forum.

I guess I should've done a bit more testing when I disabled the 15 port limit....now none of my USB 3 ports are working (except of course the USB 3.1 port which I didn't have to do anything to make work). As soon as I'm done with my current job (should be sometime today) I will be doing a complete fresh install following the guide to the T. I don't understand how everyone says it's easier than ever to build a hackintosh today....my first hack in 2012 took less time to install and working 100% than a typical Windows install, now not so much.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue with USB ports: since I upgraded to BIOS 21 and Sierra, despite checking the USB config (USB-SSDT.command), my USB ports work in USB2 mode, but not USB3 (a card reader works on my USB2 hub, but not when directly connected to a USB3 port - which in turn works with my USB2 wireless mouse dongle).

Any ideas how I might go about resolving this?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know I got it to work this week.
  • Sierra 10.12.4
  • i7 6700k
  • EVGA GTX 1070 FTW with the newly released web drivers
The only things I need to get working are audio and iMessage.

Well done. I've got things partially sorted myself. How did you enable your USB3 ports? I also haven't managed to get my bluetooth going. I enabled extra USB ports in Multibeast but doesn't appear to have done anything.

Hi, I am a first time hackintosher and I seem to keep getting an error upon trying to launch MacOS through clover. I keep running into this issue:

20170513_130510.jpg

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Still no news on F22 ?

I'm trying to follow this guide with the same hardware except intel graphics and i7 6700k with bios firmware version F6.

The text became garbled and not sure what's going on. Do I still need nv_disable=1 with intel graphics? Anyone have any ideas what went wrong?
WBNiKwe.jpg

I built a hackintosh last weekend using this motherboard and had no issues until I tried to install FakeSMC. After that, while trying to fix it using the USB, I got into an issue... I couldn't access the boot menu (F12). Setup (Del) worked but not F12, nothing appeared on screen (I tried switching to HDMI). Anyway... the thing is that I installed the F22 BIOS but that made the USB useless, it gets stuck. So I'm downgrading now to F21 (thanks to the comments on this thread).

Just wanted to let you know that the F22 didn't work for me with fresh install of 10.12.4 Mac OS X.

Hello.
I am also going to try to do a fresh install using this guide.
Anyone knows a solid BIOS version for this mobo?
I've seen people that succeeded with F22 and there's some that didn't.
Also, has anyone tried the usb-c?

I did not have luck with F22 and had to revert to the one linked in the first post (7c). The new UI in the updated BIOS is terrible anyway, so I'm not sure what you gain with it. I have not used USB-C though, so maybe that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back