Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hy ...i've tried to follow the hints of PFG in post #223 regarding NVMe disks....but i think i committed some other errors because the INSTALLER SCREEN of macos don't shows... this is the screen locked ...some ideas ?

Ok : after 1 hour of working step by step to determinate where i can have made the error... finally i see the installation splash screen...but NO disk NVMe for install macos ...so i decide to stop for a moment..retrieve an old 128 GB ssd Kingston and I will try to install on it after...if all go right, I'll try to install the NVMe disks and cloning with CC.

finger cross :)

Attachments

• 20170120_142852.jpg
    20170120_142852.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
GCZZI
Did you get Sierra working on your HDD first?
Without a working install where you can out the NVMe Kexts in the clover folders you will not be able to "see" the NVMe SSDs.
PFG

It sounded from somewhere else on this site that AMD graphics cards work well with the Hackintosh, but you just can't put the computer to sleep (it won't wake back up again). If that's true... perhaps it's better to forget about Nvidia cards? I am Ok shutting my computer down after using it and turning it back on again.

GCZZI
Did you get Sierra working on your HDD first?
Without a working install where you can out the NVMe Kexts in the clover folders you will not be able to "see" the NVMe SSDs.
PFG
Hi PFG finally i made a working installation of MACOS 10.12.2 on my system ( but i used a normal ssd instead of the NVMe) I have configured the graphics card and working well .. i take a look on your config.pslist in the post where you talk about audio problem to understand how resolve mine...I dont have audio out and i dont understand why ...i Get the KextUtility but I dont know I can use it...what are the procedure that you have used ?

I have fix the NVMe disk problems now i'm going to clone...;-) I'm so excited

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks GCZZI. Really happy to hear you got it working. I've not had a good week trying to get the Windforce working.

I'd like to copy your setup if you don't mind?

What motherboard are you using?
Which monitor? What resolution?
What port of the GPU are you using? HDMI/DVI/DP?
Which Nvidia driver?

Awesome! Thanks GCZZI. Really happy to hear you got it working. I've not had a good week trying to get the Windforce working.

I'd like to copy your setup if you don't mind?

What motherboard are you using?
Which monitor? What resolution?
What port of the GPU are you using? HDMI/DVI/DP?
Which Nvidia driver?

Hi F1234567
My conf :
MacOS 10.12.2
GA-Z170X-UD3 bios F21 ( DP)
Dell UP3214Q 31,5 IPS 4K Monitor (4k resolution)
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 4 GB
I7-6700K
Ballistix Sport LT Kit 64 GB
1 - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD 512 GB
Web Nvidia drivers 367.15.10.25f02

I have some steps for conclude ..audio ( i can't hear any sound) and cloning the hard disk ssd kingston ,that i have used to make the installation, onto the 950 pro M.2 NVMe disk

tnx all of you, for your support

It looks like you have a motherboard bios update? Where did you get the update?

Are you connecting the display port to your motherboard or the GPU? (I ask because you wrote "DP" next to your motherboard and not your GPU.

sorry i m a starter where do am i supposed to f get that ?
Copy files from Desktop to these places
  • ACPI/patched/SSDT-5.aml
  • ACPI/patched/USB-SSDT.aml
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back