Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Nathan,

I read that you're using High Sierra. My Hackintosh is still on Sierra. I didn't find the time to upgrade...

On Sierra, it was working after OS installation. I just used MultiBeast > Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series to increase the number of USB ports.

On High Sierra, it's probably another driver for USB ports. Did you see another possibility in the new multibeast version?
I invite to search topics for new MSI motherboards, like the new 'MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC'. Their drivers could maybe work on old motherboard version.

@m8kbv >> did you succeed in your High Sierra upgrade? Do you have an idea to help @NathanTu

Hello Nathan,

I read that you're using High Sierra. My Hackintosh is still on Sierra. I didn't find the time to upgrade...

On Sierra, it was working after OS installation. I just used MultiBeast > Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series to increase the number of USB ports.

On High Sierra, it's probably another driver for USB ports. Did you see another possibility in the new multibeast version?
I invite to search topics for new MSI motherboards, like the new 'MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC'. Their drivers could maybe work on old motherboard version.

@m8kbv >> did you succeed in your High Sierra upgrade? Do you have an idea to help @NathanTu
Hello Tammm2,

Really happy to see your respond.
Yes, I'm aware of the "Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series" drivers, but it didn't appear in the multibeast when I install it, what I got is the "Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series", so I skipped this, could this be the issue?

Also, I am not using any graphics right now, just the plain onboard CPU via HDMI.

I have a same mb. The efi.zip link is failed now. Can share it to me , please?

@yuanjie1853, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi @Tammm2, I was wondering which ID do you use in fakeSMC for this build?

@Mangga >> Where can I find this?

any news? all link are not available right now..could you share a new link please
sorry for my english

@titeuf007, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back