Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD 520
Outdated: I don't have time to update this guide. I will get to it when I do sorry...
Therefore read the posts :).

Careful: macOs Sierra is still in beta! Please do not install on main partition!

Since macOs Sierra is still in its beta stage I will not provide any details regarding bugs etc.
Anyways lets jump right into the guide.

Specs:
Processor: Skylake i7 (U6500)
Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 520
Audio: bang & olufsen
Touch Screen:
WIFI: Does not work!/ Replace with NGFF BCM94352Z (patching necessary)
Ethernet: No ethernet

What you will need:

- USB 16GB and more
- additional HDD (because we do not want to mess up our clean install of OS X!)
- enroll your Apple account to gain access to Sierra Public Beta (https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/)
- a machine with MacOSX installed to download Sierra

Hint: In BIOS you have to disable: Secure Boot (to get into BIOS press F10 on boot)

Bootable USB:

Follow the "clone BaseBinaries" method provided by RehabMan:
(Hint: You have to change the name of the USB ("install_osx") on your own)
Code (Text):
# temporary directory
mkdir /tmp/install_esd

# mount InstallESD.dmg in installer package
hdiutil attach "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra Public Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" -readonly -mountpoint /tmp/install_esd -nobrowse

# restore it to target
sudo asr restore -source /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/install_osx -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt

# rename the target to be less unwieldy
diskutil rename "OS X Base System" install_osx

# remove Packages symlink
rm /Volumes/install_osx/System/Installation/Packages

# copy Packages as folder
cp -a /tmp/install_esd/Packages /Volumes/install_osx/System/Installation

# copy BaseSystem.dmg
cp -a /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/install_osx

# unmount InstallESD.dmg
hdiutil detach /tmp/install_esd

# remove temporary directory
rmdir /tmp/install_esd

- Install newest Clover to the USB (https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/)

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 15.46.30.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 15.47.00.png

(Some of the Drivers may not be necessary)

- Add FakeSMC.kext to USB/EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other + any other you want to try (most of them are not yet modified to work with Sierra)
- Add HFSPlus.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- remove VBox... .efi
- The config.plist I use was made by Rehabman. You can find it here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config?files=1
---> Download the config.plist which fits your configuration (e.g. Intel u6500 ---> download HD520_.plist).
- put it into USB/EFI/CLOVER/
- open config.plist with textEdit and remove ig-platform-id (reason: I do not know the correct ID)

Installation:

- Boot into Clover and select the USB Installer you just created! (If you have issues. Hit spacebar and select Verbose mode. Enter)
- Select DiskUtility and format the disk you want to use for this project. (Settings: MacOSX Journaled and GUID)
- Go to Install macOS and go through the installation process. (The partition for the install should be the one you just formatted)
- Wait patiently until installation finished!
- Reboot!
- Once again Boot into Clover but now select the partition you used for the install. (Issues? --> Spacebar--> and verbose mode)

Last edited:
Follow the "clone BaseBinaries" method provided by RehabMan:

Why use this method over the createmedia method. I used the latter successfully.

BCM94352Z doesn't work oob. You need a patch to work on Sierra

Why use this method over the createmedia method. I used the latter successfully.

BCM94352Z doesn't work oob. You need a patch to work on Sierra

Hey thank you for the reply. You are right I did forget to include some things (WIFI Card Patch and BIOS Settings... thank you for reminding me). Anyhow I just wanted to make sure everyone who has been following my El Capitan guide knows that Sierra won't be a problem.

I used the clone BaseBinaries method because the createmedia method did not work out for me (After the reboot of the first part of the installation I wasn't able to continue the installation). Also the method I used is one step only (no reboot necessary).

I used the clone BaseBinaries method because the createmedia method did not work out for me (After the reboot of the first part of the installation I wasn't able to continue the installation). Also the method I used is one step only (no reboot necessary).

For me, when I booted into createmedia usb, it just started the install, and after it was done, I just booted into the HDD without USB. It then continued installation and finished into Sierra. Could be different settings and config.plist etc

Thank you so much for this useful guide!! I use a HP spectre x360 2015 edition that comes with the broadwell core i7 5500U and Intel HD graphics 5500.I already have an existing windows 10 installation and an EFI>200 mb so i read that I can create a separate partition and install Mac OS on that. As I'm trying this for the first time I'm having a few difficulties. Once I try to boot into Mac OS via USB there is some progress in the progress bar and then it abruptly stops and then I get a couple of images on the screen. It looks kind of like a mouse and a laptop. I'm attaching the pictures for reference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20160812_063405.jpg
    IMG_20160812_063405.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 756
  • IMG_20160812_063403.jpg
    IMG_20160812_063403.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 720
Thank you so much for this useful guide!! I use a HP spectre x360 2015 edition that comes with the broadwell core i7 5500U and Intel HD graphics 5500.I already have an existing windows 10 installation and an EFI>200 mb so i read that I can create a separate partition and install Mac OS on that. As I'm trying this for the first time I'm having a few difficulties. Once I try to boot into Mac OS via USB there is some progress in the progress bar and then it abruptly stops and then I get a couple of images on the screen. It looks kind of like a mouse and a laptop. I'm attaching the pictures for reference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Those images are covered in the guide. Read post guide post #2.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hello,

I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my HP Spectre X360 (2016) model (see signature for details).
I tried the Unibeast way (with PS/2 drivers): the system boots from the USB, but it doesn't see any other disk but the usb drive. Sata-100 and Sata-282a kext (as per RehabMan's guide) did not change anything.
I decided to follow RehabMan's guide from the beginning and tried to boot from the newly created USB. Well, the system does not boot at all, and keeps on kicking me back to the clover bootloader. It is so damn quick that I can't even read the -v output.
Would you please be so kind as to try to help me. I have attached the whole CPU-Z report and the only Clover EFI configuration that at least booted fine.

Thank you in advance.
Silver.

Attachments

• Slvrbllt.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 252
Hello,

I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my HP Spectre X360 (2016) model (see signature for details).
I tried the Unibeast way (with PS/2 drivers): the system boots from the USB, but it doesn't see any other disk but the usb drive. Sata-100 and Sata-282a kext (as per RehabMan's guide) did not change anything.
I decided to follow RehabMan's guide from the beginning and tried to boot from the newly created USB. Well, the system does not boot at all, and keeps on kicking me back to the clover bootloader. It is so damn quick that I can't even read the -v output.
Would you please be so kind as to try to help me. I have attached the whole CPU-Z report and the only Clover EFI configuration that at least booted fine.

Thank you in advance.
Silver.

Your config.plist, drivers64UEFI, and kexts/Other are not per guide.

Hi RehabMan,
Like I said I followed your guide but it wouldn't start at all (boot loop).
Nonetheless I'll give it another try.

UPDATE: I tried again and still I get a bootloop.
Attached the new EFI content.
Thanks.
Silver.

UPDATE2: Changed ig-platform-id to 0x19260002 (Iris 540)... still bootlooping.

UPDATE3: Changed ig-platform-id to 0x1926000A (from CPU-Z report) and booted... but I can't see the internal HDD. Only the USB drive is listed.

Attachments

• slvrbllt2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back