Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did. I reinstalled VoodooHDA. Check it out. So I guess something did change.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: 366D0A7E4C81D26C216A77D821BC4429

Again...

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The guide says all non essential kexts should be in S/L/E. That's where they are. I don't know what you want from me.

That is not what it says at all.
It says "all kexts you need" should be installed to the system volume.
You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard).

So...let's ask a few questions... Do you need FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext? Well... they are considered "essential" and are on your EFI/Clover/kexts, so clearly you need them.

Does your kextcache output show they are installed? Decidedly, NO.

Hence my suggestion.

That is not what it says at all.
It says "all kexts you need" should be installed to the system volume.

So...let's ask a few questions... Do you need FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext? Well... they are considered "essential" and are on your EFI/Clover/kexts, so clearly you need them.

Does your kextcache output show they are installed? Decidedly, NO.

Hence my suggestion.
Should I leave them in the kexts/other folder as well?

Should I leave them in the kexts/other folder as well?

As per guide, "essential" kext must be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer and recovery partitions.

As per guide, "essential" kext must be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer and recovery partitions.
Ok thanks, that fixed the trackpad. System now detects. WiFi still sadly broken though.
Also fixed the keyboard issue of not being able to change control with command etc..

Ok thanks, that fixed the trackpad. System now detects.

Also fixed the keyboard issue of not being able to change control with command etc..

Yes... correct kext installation is very important.
People that try to be sneaky with kext injection are just asking for trouble.

WiFi still sadly broken though.

Did you test WiFi on Windows yet?

Yes... correct kext installation is very important.
People that try to be sneaky with kext injection are just asking for trouble.

Did you test WiFi on Windows yet?
Not yet, still at work. Trying to covert this mobile application from C# to a XAML/C# blend to convert the model to an MVVM schema. Can you help with that as well lol. I can't figure out why my xmlns aren't being recognized!! (just kidding) I'll post when I get home.

Not yet, still at work. Trying to covert this mobile application from C# to a XAML/C# blend to convert the model to an MVVM schema. Can you help with that as well lol. I can't figure out why my xmlns aren't being recognized!! (just kidding)

I only have enough C# and XAML experience to know just barely...
When Microsoft gave up on their mobile platform, so did I...

I'll post when I get home.

OK.

I only have enough C# and XAML experience to know just barely...
When Microsoft gave up on their mobile platform, so did I...
Xamarin.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back