Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have an SD card reader and I did read up on how it sucked the power.

I disabled the touchscreen and webcam so this should definitely be a step forward.

For now I'm just using your files since they seem to be similar or better than my patched dsdt.

I disabled the touchscreen and webcam so this should definitely be a step forward.

For now I'm just using your files since they seem to be similar or better than my patched dsdt.

Using my patched DSDT? or my DSDT find and replace patches applied to your own DSDT?

Disabling the touchscreen and webcam really shouldn't be required. Just out of interest though, did you find these options in your UEFI settings or did you patch them some other way?

Using my patched DSDT? or my DSDT find and replace patches applied to your own DSDT?

Disabling the touchscreen and webcam really shouldn't be required. Just out of interest though, did you find these options in your UEFI settings or did you patch them some other way?
I used your recent problem reporting files so it was the clover hotpatch + ssdts, not dsdt.

I disabled them by removing them from the UAIC port list I made on mac os, my bios is very lacking so it really has none of these options sadly. The touchscreen was really disappointing, providing little to no use and the lack of tent mode makes it useless. I also had 0 uses for the webcam.

What program did you use to obtain the bios files? I'm not sure if its HP BIOS Configuration Utility or American Megatrends

The bios files can be obtained from HP's website, then using that guide you can extract them.

As far as using a set of patched SSDT's while it's not as bad as using someone else's DSDT, I'd still advise against it. I've attached the patches I apply to my DSDT, as well as the dsl files for the SSDTs I use. you can use these to patch your own DSDT, which may not improve stability, but is just better practice (and will help you understand how to fix things if something goes wrong)

Also just a note, if you can disable your touchscreen by removing it from the USB bus then the power management on it is probably working just fine (not sure though)

Attachments

• Patches.zip
    3 KB · Views: 223
  • SSDTs.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 237
The bios files can be obtained from HP's website, then using that guide you can extract them.

As far as using a set of patched SSDT's while it's not as bad as using someone else's DSDT, I'd still advise against it. I've attached the patches I apply to my DSDT, as well as the dsl files for the SSDTs I use. you can use these to patch your own DSDT, which may not improve stability, but is just better practice (and will help you understand how to fix things if something goes wrong)

Also just a note, if you can disable your touchscreen by removing it from the USB bus then the power management on it is probably working just fine (not sure though)

I mean I know how to patch my battery / brightness just fine. I just don't have time to read the entire APCI documentation in figuring out other smaller issues. Another problem I have with DSDT Patching is that I have to repatch everything constantly if I use a patch that somehow screws up my boot.

Out of curiosity what is GPI0, SMBUS and XOSI SSDTs used for? I think the I2C has something to do with the touchscreen.

I mean I know how to patch my battery / brightness just fine. I just don't have time to read the entire APCI documentation in figuring out other smaller issues. Another problem I have with DSDT Patching is that I have to repatch everything constantly if I use a patch that somehow screws up my boot.

Out of curiosity what is GPI0, SMBUS and XOSI SSDTs used for? I think the I2C has something to do with the touchscreen.
Oh awesome, sorry I didn't know how experienced you were with patching. Yeah that's why I chose the dynamic patching but I have switched back to static because I think it is more flexible and faster to load. The SMBUS is adding an SMBUS device like real Macs, GPI0 is a patch for my I2C touchscreen, and XOSI is a method of making Mac OS match with Windows 10 OSI strings to enable windows 10 features.

Oh awesome, sorry I didn't know how experienced you were with patching. Yeah that's why I chose the dynamic patching but I have switched back to static because I think it is more flexible and faster to load. The SMBUS is adding an SMBUS device like real Macs, GPI0 is a patch for my I2C touchscreen, and XOSI is a method of making Mac OS match with Windows 10 OSI strings to enable windows 10 features.

Ah thanks a lot :), Hopefully I will have some time during my summer vacation to learn more on it. Just wondering, how has the touchscreen been of use to you?

Just changed the bios settings via EFIShell for a couple options and none of them seemed to have lowered the wattage sadly..
-SDCard 3.0 Controller
-SDCard Sideboard Events
-PEP SDXC
-Minicard SATA 3.0

Can you send a picture of intel power gadget running on idle? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited:
Just changed the bios settings via EFIShell for a couple options and none of them seemed to have lowered the wattage sadly..
-SDCard 3.0 Controller
-SDCard Sideboard Events
-PEP SDXC
-Minicard SATA 3.0

Can you send a picture of intel power gadget running on idle? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.59.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.59.49 AM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 235
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back