Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be clear, you have an HP Envy right? Also, if the patch you made works, would you mind posting it online? I'm sure some people would get good use out of it

Hey I looked at your recent 1/17 problem reporting files...
What's with all of the clover APCI patches like UPSB -> UPSX etc?
There are so many ssdt files you have that I have no idea what they are for

Also, you seem to be using CLOVERX64.efi instead of the PreLoader.efi chain method, how did you manage to accomplish this?

Your batterypatch.txt seems to have everything that I needed, just a bit concerned I'm missing some other things based on your folder.

@RehabMan

Hey rehabman, for your post-sierra backlight patch involving the backlight injector, how do you fix the black screen dealio?

Basically, the brightness range should stop at the lowest level, but it skips over it and turns the screen black. This occurs in system preferences, but also using the keys.

I followed your guide to a T, just not sure if this is intentional.

The behavior you mention is as expected.... it is as per Apple design. You would find the same on a real Mac.

Hey I looked at your recent 1/17 problem reporting files...
What's with all of the clover APCI patches like UPSB -> UPSX etc?
There are so many ssdt files you have that I have no idea what they are for

Also, you seem to be using CLOVERX64.efi instead of the PreLoader.efi chain method, how did you manage to accomplish this?

Your batterypatch.txt seems to have everything that I needed, just a bit concerned I'm missing some other things based on your folder.

A big reason I have so many SSDT files is because I use "SSDT hotpatching", that being I do not have a patched DSDT in that folder. Rather, I patch methods I want to replace, and replace them using an SSDT.

The hot patch related SSDTs:
SSDT-BATT: Battery hot patch, unneeded if you are using battery patch on your DSDT.
SSDT-XOSI: Patches _OSI method to trick my BIOS that I am running windows 10
SSDT-GPIO: GPIO controller patch related to enabling touchscreen on OSX
SSDT-TYPC: Enables USB-C hotplug

Not hot patch SSDTs (ie could be useful for anyone):
SSDT-BRIGHT: enables brightness keys on OSX
SSDT-PNLF: enables display brightness on OSX
SSDT-CC: CodecCommander Patches to enable better functionality with AppleALC
SSDT-USB: USBInjectAll patch, and USBX power management patch
SSDT-PluginType1: Just plugintype=1 for enabling native PM

I avoid the Preloader.efi method via my custom build of clover, I have uploaded it in a few threads but can upload it here as well if you want it.

A big reason I have so many SSDT files is because I use "SSDT hotpatching", that being I do not have a patched DSDT in that folder. Rather, I patch methods I want to replace, and replace them using an SSDT.

The hot patch related SSDTs:
SSDT-BATT: Battery hot patch, unneeded if you are using battery patch on your DSDT.
SSDT-XOSI: Patches _OSI method to trick my BIOS that I am running windows 10
SSDT-GPIO: GPIO controller patch related to enabling touchscreen on OSX
SSDT-TYPC: Enables USB-C hotplug

Not hot patch SSDTs (ie could be useful for anyone):
SSDT-BRIGHT: enables brightness keys on OSX
SSDT-PNLF: enables display brightness on OSX
SSDT-CC: CodecCommander Patches to enable better functionality with AppleALC
SSDT-USB: USBInjectAll patch, and USBX power management patch
SSDT-PluginType1: Just plugintype=1 for enabling native PM

I avoid the Preloader.efi method via a custom build of clover, I have uploaded it in a few threads but can upload it here as well if you want it.
Ah, where can I learn about ssdt hotpatching? I did realize you had a fork, but wasn't sure if it was updated as I use the original one not rehabmans.

Also, does anyone know where to report Audio issues for laptops? I'm not sure if I can use toleda's thread since this isn't a desktop.

Also, does anyone know where to report Audio issues for laptops? I'm not sure if I can use toleda's thread since this isn't a desktop.
What's your codec
I have cx8200 works with eapdfix I dropped code commander as it was not working

Does the eapd not work after reboot / sleep?
No, more like audio crackling and some sleep issues. I think the codec needs to be patched for this laptop specifically, but I have not had the time to learn how to do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back