Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan
Hey, I have an envy x360 and I got most of the stuff working.
I do have some serious flaws with the system:
Wifi randomly stops working after sleep, either works really well or doesn't work at all after a reboot. (No hardware installed)
It's a BCM94352z

I taped the two pins and bluetooth seems to be working 100% of the time now.

Audio, specifically internal speakers randomly stops working after sleep (with codec commander, rehabmans)
Codec: CX8200

1.5w+ Battery drain on idle. (I think this is due to the NVMe drive), 0.5ghz at idle

Sleep doesn't work The Display turns black, but fan and power usage continues. (Sleeping works for 2 blinks then quickly turns on, display remains black, fan spins, then returns to the 2 blink cycle until battery depletes)
Tracking the wake leads to over 300+ lines of GLAN XDCI or GLAN XDCI PXSX (Network)

The HP G2ss1 whatever DSDT Patch freezes the battery status, often displaying a delayed percentage on the menu bar. Most of the time when it boots, the menu icon disappears and I have to reenable it through system preferences. This is more noticeable when charging the laptop as it freezes at a random number and I have to reenable the icon.

Can someone please share me their config.plist and the patches used for dsdt/ ssdt?
Thanks

For problem reporting, I used f4 from clover's boot menu instead of patchmatic. Not sure, I read something about how that was more accurate?

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts setting is wrong. You have true, should be "Detect".

For WiFi, make sure "wake for network access" is disabled in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

You did not implement CPU PM. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
(hint: config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true)

No solution for known NVMe PM. Replace with SATA device.

Your USB configuration is wrong. See guide(s) linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

For battery status ACPI issues, you should use ACPIDebug.kext and debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to debug the mistake in ACPI _BIF/_BST methods.

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts setting is wrong. You have true, should be "Detect".

For WiFi, make sure "wake for network access" is disabled in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

You did not implement CPU PM. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
(hint: config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true)

No solution for known NVMe PM. Replace with SATA device.

Your USB configuration is wrong. See guide(s) linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

For battery status ACPI issues, you should use ACPIDebug.kext and debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to debug the mistake in ACPI _BIF/_BST methods.

I followed your USB inject tutorial and managed to successfully do it.
CPU PM is now implemented. PluginType=True, I used freqvectors to lower the frequency. (It's super volatile idk if that's normal)
Wake for network access off
Inject kexts fixed from true to detect

But I have no idea how to fix the battery issue. Is there a link you can post so I can get a brief understanding?

Updated Problem reporting

edit: Also can you help me with my "wake issue"
when I type
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
I get a long string of text. file attached alongside problem reporting.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
  • WAKE.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
But I have no idea how to fix the battery issue. Is there a link you can post so I can get a brief understanding?

You will need to read the ACPI specification for an understanding of _BIF/_BST battery methods.
Then use ACPIDebug.kext and the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to see what the methods are returning such that you can determine what is going wrong in the code.
Requires developer skills and some knowledge of ACPI.

edit: Also can you help me with my "wake issue"
when I type
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
I get a long string of text. file attached alongside problem reporting.

My guess from looking at ioreg, is that you have no XDCI and no GLAN even though they are in ACPI.
You should patch _STA for both to return zero.

Thanks so much for your response! Very helpful to get pointers toward things I don't know enough about.

I do have PluginType set to true in my clover config.plist>>ACPI>>SSDT. One thing I know I can do is stop using the USBInjectAll.kext and only inject the proper ports. But I'm not sure what other power consumption fixes I'm not aware of.

My trackpad is usable, but has very limited functionality. I can point, tap-to-click, two-finger tap or click to right click, and two finger scroll. But no other OS X gestures work (basically none of the gestures on the "scroll and zoom" and "more gestures" panels of the trackpad system preferences will work). Is this consistent with your experience?
I am using VoodooHDA, and since it "works" never dug any deeper. Thanks for your prompt, though; I'll look at patching AppleHDA.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

There really aren't many steps for native power management. The biggest one is PluginType=1, which will enable most power management. Beyond that I saw no significant changes to PM until I swapped out my NVME.

For VoodooPS2 that is also my experience. VoodooPS2 is designed to cover a lot of trackpads. As I mentioned in my last post, voodoops2 generates keystrokes for some other gestures. Try going to the keyboard shortcuts settings on Mac OS, and when you try to enter a keyboard shortcut swipe three fingers on the trackpad. This should generate a usable keystroke you can map to any keyboard shortcut.

1.5w+ Battery drain on idle. (I think this is due to the NVMe drive), 0.5ghz at idle

This is almost certainly the NVME drive. I get 0.6 W at idle with Sata SSD, Around 1.85 with NVME.

Also, on the battery patch, here's a text file for an HP spectre battery patch I made, for BIOS F.36 (tested on F.40). I also have the same files as an SSDT hot patch if anyone wants those.

Attachments

• Battery Patch.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
This is almost certainly the NVME drive. I get 0.6 W at idle with Sata SSD, Around 1.85 with NVME.

Also, on the battery patch, here's a text file for an HP spectre battery patch I made, for BIOS F.36 (tested on F.40). I also have the same files as an SSDT hot patch if anyone wants those.

I did my own patch and realized you were missing BADC for my own laptop model
Yes everything else seemed to work so I do thank you for posting it on the guide.

I ended up breaking my hackintosh so I'm reinstalling windows to route the preloader.efi..

Just curious do you have any issues with _bif or _bst? Or wake reason glan xdci?
I get these weird parameter errors even after a clean install. I looked at my dsdt and I tried to remove _prw but that didn't do much good.

I did my own patch and realized you were missing BADC for my own laptop model
So just to be clear, you have an HP Envy right? Also, if the patch you made works, would you mind posting it online? I'm sure some people would get good use out of it

So just to be clear, you have an HP Envy right? Also, if the patch you made works, would you mind posting it online? I'm sure some people would get good use out of it

Well the patch isn't quite functional as the _bif and _bst methods are messed up.
I just finished reinstalling and I still have issues with the status, however sleep seems to be fully functional after using a different smbios. (Air7,2 rather than macbookpro14,1)

@RehabMan

Hey rehabman, for your post-sierra backlight patch involving the backlight injector, how do you fix the black screen dealio?

Basically, the brightness range should stop at the lowest level, but it skips over it and turns the screen black. This occurs in system preferences, but also using the keys.

I followed your guide to a T, just not sure if this is intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back