Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get past booting the Sierra install.

HP x360 Spectre 13-w023dx
i7-7500U

Though it hasn't mattered since I haven't gotten that far, it's my intention to install this on a Samsung T3 500GB portable ssd.

I've tried a number of different thumbdrives in case they were the issue.

ESC-F9 doesn't show the Sierra install partition. It saw the Linux partition but no Sierra. Secure Boot is disabled as is virtualization.

Searching hasn't revealed anyone else having this issue.

What should I check next? I'm not sure how to proceed.

Had the same issue. Enable legacy usb devices from bios. You should be able to disable it afterwards

Hey guys,

I finally found out why my System felt very slow the last few weeks on 10.12.6 and want to share my experience with others.

My UI animations were very slow and and my spectre appeared like its running with only 30% of its power gpu power.
After many research and reinstalls i realized that this was caused due to AppleAlc or Lilu.
I removed both kexts and switched to VoodooHda.
Now its running awesome!

Did anybody experience similar problems?

Will you install BCM94352Z (DW1560) Bluetooth module, windwos 10 can use Bluetooth. When I put on the card. Bluetooth can not be opened, I confirmed that I have installed the driver.

Will you install BCM94352Z (DW1560) Bluetooth module, windwos 10 can use Bluetooth. When I put on the card. Bluetooth can not be opened, I confirmed that I have installed the driver.

Having the same exact problem right now. No Bluetooth device installed apparently. Will attach problem report files in a sec.
Tried both BRCMFirmwareRepo and -Data -> No difference.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 143
  • kextstat and touch.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Liams MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 150
  • RehabMan.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Did you tape the pins on the card?
Nope, but I read that shielding the pins fixed issues in windows only anyway?
Had the same card plugged into my tower-build and bluetooth worked without a problem (windows and mac) - in my laptop bluetooth only works in windows.

Did you shield them? I could certainly try, but what would I use to do that?

Edit: Taped these two pins with clear tape, still no BT device found. (pic is not the same model, my model is BCM94352Z)

137388-5f7ce3a4c3426468e0036e8b77a6bb8f.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, I taped the pins on purpose and thought this may be required for any OS.

Bluetooth only working sometimes after rebooting seems to be a problem for many Spectre Kaby Lake users. I have these Problems too but once I've paired my bluetooth trackpad with my spectre it works even after a rebooting.

Does it work at least sometimes or is it completely dead?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 191
  • kextstat and touch.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Liams MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 124
  • RehabMan.zip
    73.9 KB · Views: 110
Thanks for the answer. Applied all requirements, still no bluetooth controller under any port.

HS01 is my USB-A port
HS05 is my Webcam

USB-C ports dont show up at all, neither does bluetooth.

Maybe you mistakenly enabled "fast boot" in BIOS.
Also, verify bluetooth works on Windows... and if it does check in Windows Device Manager to see which port it is attached to.

USB-C if connected to a Thunderbolt controller usually need to be connected prior to boot (otherwise TB controller not active on PCIe bus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back