- Jan 3, 2016
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, Model 7347
- Intel® Core™ i5-4210U
- Intel HD 4600
- Mobile Phone
The new redesigned late-2016 (HP Spectre 13-w0xx ) / early-2017 (HP Spectre 13-ac0xx) HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 is a STUNNING machine and looks even better when runs latest macOS. With this topic I want to guide the installation of macOS on this machine and spark a little discussion about fixing the problems.
!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!
I am only documenting my way of getting macOS to work on this machine since there is no other guide yet. I am in fact total beginner that read few guides here on forums and not saying that my way is the best one - there are far more knowledgeable people here that I hope will join the discussion and point out the bad parts of this guide and solve my problems. I will update the guide when something comes up.
!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!
You can find my updated collection of all necessary kexts and patches on my dedicated GitHub repo here:
<to be posted>
- HP Spectre 13-w0xx x360
- 2.5-3.1GHz Core i5-7200U (Kaby)
- 8GB 1867MHz DDR3
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- 512GB NVMe Samsung SSD
- 2×Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.0, headset jack
- Primary Windows 10 Pro / Secondary Sierra
- Full Graphics Acceleration
- NVMe SSD Storage
- Shutdown, Reboot
- Webcam (Without IR)
- Touchpad (works perfectly with different gestures)
- iCloud (iMessage, FaceTime, Handoff) (swap with BCM94352Z)
- WiFi, Bluetooth (swap with BCM94352Z)
- Thunderbold 3 ports (NO IDEA how to fix it )
- Sleep problems (Will look at it and update, I think fixable)
- Touchscreen (?)
- Update your machine BIOS to latest version
- Turn off Secure Boot in BIOS !
- USB thumb drives (One for clover one for macOS installer is in my opinion better)
- macOS machine to work with
- Knowledge of booting the macOS installer using Clover
!! Following configs and kexts are needed to boot and use the installer !!
- nVME Patch (RehabMan/patch-nvme) (RehabMan, Pike R. Alpha, Mork vom Ork)
- Otherwise internal SSD will NOT be detected by installer
- HD620 clover config file (RehabMan)
- Otherwise installer wont even boot
- USBInjectAll.kext (RehabMan)
- Nice to have that one USB port working
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext (RehabMan)
- Otherwise no keyboard or touchpad for u
- FakeSMC.kext (netkas, RehabMan)
Step 1 : Add Kexts after installation:
- VoodooHDA (autumnrain, slice2009) - Makes audio work
- ACPIBatteryManager.kext (RehabMan)- Battery indicator fix
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (RehabMan)- Graphics acceleration
- Intel Backlight (RehabMan)- LCD brightness regulation
Step 2 : DSDT Patching:
DSDT patching is necessary, in order to continue please read following guide !
Step 3 : Fix graphical glitches in right top corner:
Add to clover config (Devices section):
<key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>AddProperties</key> <array> <dict> <key>Device</key> <string>IntelGFX</string> <key>Key</key> <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string> <key>Value</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> </dict> </array> </dict>
Step 4 (Optional) : Install Recommended software:
Step 5 (Optional) : Wi-Fi Adapter replacement:
Chnage to NGFF BCM94352Z
- Buy the WIFI Card from eBay (M.2 VERSION)
- Ignore the compatibility warning (Does not work for HP Laptops)
- Install the card. Follow instructions (p.24+)
-Finally boot into OS X
THE BAD: Thunderbold 3
New Spectre comes up with two Thunderbold ports, but they are not detected in macOS - a show-stopper for me personally. Anybody have some ideas how to fix this ?