Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on a Skylake GA-Z170-D3H i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, (iMac 17,1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my config.plist missing my serial number, MLB, and SMUUID which need to be unique for each machine.
Thank you!

Thanks for making this guide. It's the first current thing I've found on this site that is an informative mix of "do this" and "this is why you're doing it." As someone who has never once before booted non-Apple hardware with Mac OS, this is a huge huge help.

It's such a help that I was all set to go purchase the motherboard you are using so I could use your guide exactly as I definitely need an m-ATX board, but will probably use integrated graphics and an i5 processor with Sierra. But as I read on in the thread, I see there are still lots of small problems with the OS on the hardware.

Sleep doesn't bother me much because this machine will need to be on all the time running my home automation software.

There are lots of "ok now I've tried this" entries in the thread. Where are you all with this motherboard and Sierra now?

I must say that the sleep is really the only thing left on this motherboard that I can think of that isn't working great. I've been very pleased with this computer and I recommend it highly! I do think that after the last OS update I haven't even needed the agdpfix. The clover patch has proven to work great. This may prove to be one of the most stable hackintosh boards out there.

I must say that the sleep is really the only thing left on this motherboard that I can think of that isn't working great. I've been very pleased with this computer and I recommend it highly! I do think that after the last OS update I haven't even needed the agdpfix. The clover patch has proven to work great. This may prove to be one of the most stable hackintosh boards out there.

Last edited:

Is there any update on the 'sleep' issue? I have the same hardware setup.

I have similar spec'd setup. I am able to get sleep/wake working reliably. I was wondering what you did with regards to SSDT? I followed the steps here and it resulted in my computer crashing on boot. I'll take a look at your config.plist and share mine when I get home.

Hi guys, thanks 5star for this solid guide. This is my first Hackintosh attempt. After running the bootable USB and selecting Sierra, The install gets stuck in the loading bar with the Apple logo. Not sure if this would be the correct forum, but since I have the same specs I thought I'd give it shot here. Here's with verbose

File_000.jpeg

My specs:
Mobo: GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU: i7 6700 3.4 GHz
RAM:Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
Drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB
PSU: Corsair CS 550

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back