Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra 12.6 on Thinkpad T430 Almost Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

I have some news! I successfully did a Dual Band Atheros for the thinkpad T430

There is an Atheros ID's signature that passes on T430 whitelist. Follow the steps on my repository:
`https://github.com/ThiagoSchetini/AR9285-rebranding`

You can buy it on Ali Express (to rebrand) as i bought! You gonna see the link on my repository tutorial!

Hi ThiagoSchetini, just to clarify, this is not possible to perform from the T430 I intend to install this card in, right?

EDIT: Oops, my bad. It says clearly in the description that another non wifi-restricted laptop is needed.

Last edited:
I had to find ye olde laptop in the bottom of ye seldom opened closet. And now I can report that the rebranding is completed, everything worked as intended.

Really awesome to write this from a T430 Hackintosh on 5 GHz wifi. Huge creds to ThiagoSchetini!

Well i have some troubles i cant make working Display Port Out FullHD + Audio, my LG monitor is not recognized.

Well i have some troubles i cant make working Display Port Out FullHD + Audio, my LG monitor is not recognized.
I think i miss something. Everything else is working. Yeah i know need to drop logs ... Collecting :)

Hi ThiagoSchetini, just to clarify, this is not possible to perform from the T430 I intend to install this card in, right?

EDIT: Oops, my bad. It says clearly in the description that another non wifi-restricted laptop is needed.

hi friends,

I've done everything described in the guide for rebranding, this is my card, which I got from amazon:

E: ID_MODEL_FROM_DATABASE=AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)
E: ID_PCI_CLASS_FROM_DATABASE=Network controller
E: ID_PCI_SUBCLASS_FROM_DATABASE=Network controller
E: ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE=Qualcomm Atheros
E: PCI_ID=168C:002A
E: PCI_SLOT_NAME=0000:0c:00.0
E: PCI_SUBSYS_ID=168C:1001

so I modified the at9kio.c file to have the correct size, i dumped the eprom successfully, modifying the HEX values as described, but then I came across this,:

144F look for 4F 14 replace by A1 30
7156 look for 56 71 replace by AA 17

and then later, further down the page:

- PCI_SUBSYS_ID 144F:7156 will become 17AA:30A1

first of all, which one is it?

secondly, when I try to write even the ORIGINAL eprom back to the card, it never works.

can anyone make suggestions? im using a dell latitude, which is using the card without issue.

thanks!

Still can't get shutdown to work properly if there is USB Flash drive attached to usb port, it will restart the computer. Tried copying SSDT-PTSWAK to ACPI patched, with no success.

Attachments

• debug_16969.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 165
Still can't get shutdown to work properly if there is USB Flash drive attached to usb port, it will restart the computer. Tried copying SSDT-PTSWAK to ACPI patched, with no success.

Your config.plist is missing the required patches to rename _WAK and _PTS to ZWAK and ZPTS.
Note: SortedOrder not necessary (best to remove it).

Also, SSDT-PTSWAK.aml requires SSDT-RMCF.aml with appropriately configured RMCF.XPEE=1.

Thanks, I added SSDT-RMCF.aml and did renames _WAK and _PTS to ZWAK and ZPTS with same result as before.

"with with appropriately configured RMCF.XPEE=1."
I don't know what to do with this, can you help ?

edit : modified XPEE=1 in SSDT-RMCF, still same result

Attachments

• debug_15160.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 141
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    43.8 KB · Views: 264
  • SSDT-RMCF.dsl
    4.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Thanks, I added SSDT-RMCF.aml and did renames _WAK and _PTS to ZWAK and ZPTS with same result as before.

"with with appropriately configured RMCF.XPEE=1."
I don't know what to do with this, can you help ?

edit : modified XPEE=1 in SSDT-RMCF, still same result

The SSDT-RMCF.aml in ACPI/patched has XPEE=0. I didn't check anything else.
(you should spend more time checking your own work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back