Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra 10.12.2 on the AsRock Z170 Pro4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use windows to erase the disk and start over with the USB, when you get to install screen use disk utility to format it then load Sierra. Before reboot make sure to use Multibeast.
I cannot load Sierra. Look, tomorrow i will send photos, so we are clear.

Hey everyone,

First let me preface with I'm a total newbie when it comes to all of this but am great at reading and following directions. With that said I cant get Sierra to install on my machine. I've followed the guide exactly but the progress bar never moves. I have attached a screen shot of my machine specs and of where it gets stuck in verbose. Sorry for the verbose pic but for some reason it cuts off the beginning on my display. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG

Hey everyone,

First let me preface with I'm a total newbie when it comes to all of this but am great at reading and following directions. With that said I cant get Sierra to install on my machine. I've followed the guide exactly but the progress bar never moves. I have attached a screen shot of my machine specs and of where it gets stuck in verbose. Sorry for the verbose pic but for some reason it cuts off the beginning on my display. Thanks in advance. ]

Can you list your system specs in your signature or profile, it will make it easier for help.

Looks like you may be able to try -s or safe mode to rebuild the prelinked kernel but you may need other settings to get past graphics issues.

I cannot load Sierra. Look, tomorrow i will send photos, so we are clear.
I'm back, thanks again for the help, Gigamaxx. Here are the pictures:
View media item 189447First clover boot menu, before installation
View media item 189446Partition scheme of my SSD. I tried first with HFS+ only formatted wiht the installer's Disk Managment, but I got the exact same results.
View media item 189445Installation Screen
View media item 189444The obligatory reboot that I get when the installation finishes
View media item 189443Second Clover boot menu, after the mandatory reboot. My problem is that from here I cannot boot into the SSD.
View media item 189442That's what happens if I try to boot back into the USB, as the guide suggests.

Last edited:
Can you list your system specs in your signature or profile, it will make it easier for help.

Looks like you may be able to try -s or safe mode to rebuild the prelinked kernel but you may need other settings to get past graphics issues.

Sorry about that Gigamaxx. Mobo Asrock H-170 Performance, CPU i5 6600, intel 530 GPU

Try removing all the disks except the OSX disk, and run the install from the USB, when you get to disk utility again format it HFS+ but also use the partition tab and repsecify macOS journaled, and rename the disk (you can change it back later). Partition disk wit only one partition don't divide it up make sure you have the full circle or pie as one blue circle. You probably have a windows partition on that disk which is preventing Clover from recognizing it as OSX.

Sorry about that Gigamaxx. Mobo Asrock H-170 Performance, CPU i5 6600, intel 530 GPU

In clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows to navigate to the "options" tab. Go to graphics and deselect inject Intel, delete any Intel ID it should be 0x00000000, then add ig 0x19160000.

Try that if it works then you can make settings later that are permanent.

In clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows to navigate to the "options" tab. Go to graphics and deselect inject Intel, delete any Intel ID it should be 0x00000000, then add ig 0x19160000.

Try that if it works then you can make settings later that are permanent.
Ok now it keeps repeating this over and over:
IMG_1774.JPG

Try removing all the disks except the OSX disk, and run the install from the USB, when you get to disk utility again format it HFS+ but also use the partition tab and repsecify macOS journaled, and rename the disk (you can change it back later). Partition disk wit only one partition don't divide it up make sure you have the full circle or pie as one blue circle. You probably have a windows partition on that disk which is preventing Clover from recognizing it as OSX.
This is only my most recent attempt. All the ones before were done as you suggested, and I got the same result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back