Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sandy Bridge CustoMac Mini 2011 - GA-H67N-USB3 - i3-2105 - HD 3000 - OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I have the same mobo GA-H67N USB3 i7 3770s on Sierra 10.12.6
I tried to put audio and network driver without succes...

i ve tried a lot of version of Multibeast, Sierra El capitan and Maverick but impossible to fix it sound and network
Another probleme is when i push sleep, impossible to have a signal on screen...

Thanks so much guys

Last edited:
Does anyone know if optical output works with Sierra (or better yet, High Sierra) with this board? I'm on Yosemite right now and it is stable for its use as an HTPC delivering digital audio via the optical port to my Onkyo receiver. But for the sake of keeping as current as possible, I am considering updating the OS to Sierra or High Sierra. I have no need for HDMI audio because the computer is connected via HDMI port directly to my 1080p projector.

Last edited:
Hi

Success with a fresh High Sierra install. :clap:

I got a working Mojave install, but was having trouble getting clover to work properly. If I copied my USB EFI partition to my SDD EFI partition, I had a limited resolution. And then I came across this post that Mojave no longer supports Intel Gen 2 processors, and I'm running integrated graphics.

I bet Mojave could be worked around: maybe someone will post a guide. :wave: Otherwise 10.13.6 might be the end of the line for this build, which is still doing well.

Installing High Sierra went pretty smoothly. Then I installed the 2019 security update from the server, and that offered an install boot option twice (or three?) times in a row before it was done. I had to try twice to get that working.

To get clover to work, I had to add an APFS driver. I had to follow the advice form this thread:

And then I had no audio, but I followed the advice of these two threads:

And voila. I'm really just using my TP-link 900 and audio. No bluetooth, no iMessage handoff, no HDMI audio, etc. so I haven't tried a lot of stuff. I'll post more if I find anything else useful to weekend hackers.

I also tried to merge in some of the config.plist settings from the attached file from the original post in this thread, specifically, i added the graphics device, the graphics have changed but they're still a little glitchy. if someone has a 10.13.6 config.plist they're using for this build I'd love to see it! :shifty:

Update: I found that the screen saver was causing a total system freeze (kernel panic). I switched it off an the problem has gone away. But then it hasn't gone away. Still haven't fixed it. I started digging into this thread. I'm trying Macmini 5,1 as suggested on page 25 of the thread, and since I'm running on HD3000:

Update: Still froze overnight. Trying another fix mentioned in the above thread, discussed in more detail in this thread. I have that exact symptom of the HD light frozen on:

Update: Whoa this appears to have helped. I added the two ktext patches from this thread manually. and now $ uptime 1 day, 2:54 so far.

Update: Still, no more random freezes. But graphics are still a little glitchy.

Update: A few times I left the machine overnight, and when I came to wake it up, I got a pointer, but an otherwise black screen. I've added darkwake=0 to the config.plist to see if that helps

Last edited:
Update: Still no luck with the occasional freeze after sitting idle for a day or two a few hours.

I'm attaching Rehabman's problem reporting files. Hopefully someone can help me with what I have wrong?

Update: I unchecked System Preferences > Security & Privacy Require password after sleep or screen saver begins. We've been up for 6 days without a crash so far.

Update: upgraded to Catalina! Seems a bit more stable for me. trying out the legacy video patch for my HD3000.

My patch install was like this:

Last edited:
1. Has a solution for USB3.0 on this (H67N-USB3-B3) motherboard ever been found?

2. Tonymacx86, is your El Cap build still using the F7 BIOS from Gigabyte?

3. Has anyone else successfully installed a fully working High Sierra on the H67N-USB3-B3?

Last edited:
@tonymacx86 -
tried to download from first post:
GA-H67N-USB3-B3.mb
multiple times on 2 computers, when I try to open with MultiBeast I get "Configuration file corrupted. Not able to load it."
Could you check and upload it pls?

After I posted this, I discovered that I couldn't open *.mb files that I had created with the MultiBeast that had created them, so the files tonymac86 posted in the first post may be fine. Will look further to resolve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back