Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sandy Bridge CustoMac Mini 2011 - GA-H67N-USB3 - i3-2105 - HD 3000 - OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Tony! Can you clarify the logic behind not installing Clover to the ESP as checked off for legacy systems in the Clover/Yosemite guide? Any difference in terms of functionality?

No differences I can see. When testing, my 6 Series and X58 systems couldn't get past the boot screen when installed to EFI in post-installation. So the solution is to install Clover to root. The only difference is going to be when MultiBeast comes out, this board will have to continue to use the current root method in El Capitan Install Tools.

Hi All,

Back in 2011 I bought an h61n-usb3 and an i3-2105. I must have tried 30 times to build this machine and I never got it to work.
So I put it away.

Recently I saw this post, and I figured I would try again on this old hardware!

So I went ahead.
I used the clover tutorial, made my el-capitan usb, installed clover on the usb per the guide, placing fakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and RealtekRTL8111.kext into the kext 10.11 folder, replacing config.plist with the one from this thread.

I can tell clover to install osx, and it loads up to a point where I get a beachball and a bunch of artifacts on the screen. Then its dead.

So I tried making a clover usb by partitioning the usb for MBR, but then its like the machine doesn't see the USB.

Am I missing something?
If I actually get the MBR route working, where does the config.plist go?

JC

I'm having trouble with this setup.

The original guide led to a boot error on cpu power management and I wasn't able to start the system even from the usb.

I hoped this guide / config file would ease my problems, unfortunately even on a clean install I can't get it to boot, with it freezing o the apple logo. Again I get cpu power management causing an error when I try and boot from the usb.

So tweaks to the config file to sort this seem impossible.

Any tips would be appreciated. Or should I wait for multibeast?

I'm having trouble with this setup.

The original guide led to a boot error on cpu power management and I wasn't able to start the system even from the usb.

I hoped this guide / config file would ease my problems, unfortunately even on a clean install I can't get it to boot, with it freezing o the apple logo. Again I get cpu power management causing an error when I try and boot from the usb.

So tweaks to the config file to sort this seem impossible.

Any tips would be appreciated. Or should I wait for multibeast?
At what step in the Guide did you run into trouble?

Please update your Profile > Motherboard.

Will do.

Only that it won't boot and jams on the apple logo at startup.

I placed the config list in the relevant folder on the boot disk root efi folder (replacing the default one).

Will do.

Only that it won't boot and jams on the apple logo at startup.

I placed the config list in the relevant folder on the boot disk root efi folder (replacing the default one).
What step in the guide did you run into trouble?

What step in the guide did you run into trouble?

I've started again, and seem to have made a bit of progress this time. I'm getting stuck at the reboot stage, after doing every step, but at least now I am getting the clover screen and able to choose my HDD... it still won't boot however (though will boot from the usb).

I've attached a screen grab from the verbose mode screen (it hangs here forever and the cpu fan goes high speed).

I also get several errors when running the audio patch, I though this might shed some light on the problems I'm having?

For clarity, I'm using Tonymac's config.plist from the first post, nullcpumanagement kext in the relevant folder, the correct DSDT in ACPI/Patched (do I need and SSDT too with a reference in my config.plist?).

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    841.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 313
@tonymacx86

Your config.plist is showing the use of a DSDT. Is that the original one from this site`s database or were any modifications needed ?

I have been successfully running Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Z68X-UD3-B3 board with BIOS F12 (MasterMhack in signature, UEFI U1l did block overclocking, so I reverted back to legacy BIOS) by only using built-in patches of clover plus HDA fix from step #16 of this guide

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...any-supported-intel-based-pc.html#post1101215

and fix to use AppleUSBXHCI.kext with the Etron USB3 chips found here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

I had to use "Rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.9.5" with Mulitbeast 7.4.1 to avoid a hang at [PCI configuration begin], but I believe that this can be fixed through DSDT patch, but haven´t figured out how yet.

Before attempting to install El Capitan I would like to fully understand, if the rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext could be avoided by a properly edited DSDT and of course I am meanwhile relying on USB3 to work, so El Capitan would remain a test installation for the time being.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Yes- use the plist from the top post and HDMI audio should work on port 2.

Aha! Switching the HDMI's (back to how they were before I disconnected everything to upgrade to an SSD) restored HDMI audio! Thanks again TM!

I run a 21.5" Vizio HDTV as my main monitor and then use a 49.5" HDTV on a 15' HDMI cable for watching movies. For movies I send audio over the Digital Coax (enabled by Toledo's 889 Audio fix) to a surround sound receiver. It's nice to have HDMI audio on the smaller screen closer to me. :)

I am still getting blocky light blue graphic artifacts. On Chimera, this was fixed by flagging KernelCache=Yes but caused longer startup times. I will investigate how to fix this under Clover.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back