Contribute
Register

[Guide] Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A06US Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have quite a similar laptop (NP300E5C - S0KTR , SandyBridge i5 with HD3000) and I wasn't able to boot Clover at all.

I tried few combinations but unfortunately I'm stuck on such an early stage that I have no error message or anything to give me clue on the problem.

When I try to boot using a 16Gb USB 2.0 stick I can't get even into starting the boot loader. After the BIOS&Branding screen, at the moment when the computer should recognise the USB and load the boot loader I end up with black blank screen.

I'm running that machine nicely with Chameleon on Yosemite but so far I hadn't any luck with Clover(Yosemite or El Capitan).

Any ideas how to solve this?

I have quite a similar laptop (NP300E5C - S0KTR , SandyBridge i5 with HD3000) and I wasn't able to boot Clover at all.

I tried few combinations but unfortunately I'm stuck on such an early stage that I have no error message or anything to give me clue on the problem.

When I try to boot using a 16Gb USB 2.0 stick I can't get even into starting the boot loader. After the BIOS&Branding screen, at the moment when the computer should recognise the USB and load the boot loader I end up with black blank screen.

I'm running that machine nicely with Chameleon on Yosemite but so far I hadn't any luck with Clover(Yosemite or El Capitan).

Any ideas how to solve this?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Thanks, I was finally able to boot. Apparently It only boots when Clover is on FAT partition and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed to boot the OS, otherwise it hangs again.

Thanks, I was finally able to boot. Apparently It only boots when Clover is on FAT partition and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed to boot the OS, otherwise it hangs again.

NullCPU never needed with Clover (with correct config.plist setup).

And yes, Clover is always on EFI partition which is FAT32.

I have the NP300E5C-A07US; it have pretty much the same specs other than a 500GB Toshiba that was from a refurb.

The laptop has a Elan 3P touchpad, and the best kext I found online is found on OSXLatitude forum. It includes gesture, and tracking speeds are reasonable OOB. Hopefully I won't get banned for posting this link...
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
P.S.: I don't recommend using 4.4.5 as 2 finger scrolling is gone, but Launchpad and app switch 3 finger still works.

And config.plist requires dropping SSDT CpuPm and Cpu0Ist, both of which are not included with RehabMan's config.plist, and would require dropping manually.

Hopefully the bump provides good information and that I won't get banned for this...

I have the same laptop. can you help me get it running. I cant figure out the Audio, Battery and Trackpad

I'm going revert from Yosemite to Mavericks to allow compatibility with some USB audio hardware. Is there a simple way to do this, or should I approach it like recreating the Hackintosh from scratch?

If I have a EFI boot USB stick already, could I simply put the Mavericks image on there?

I'm going revert from Yosemite to Mavericks to allow compatibility with some USB audio hardware. Is there a simple way to do this, or should I approach it like recreating the Hackintosh from scratch?

If I have a EFI boot USB stick already, could I simply put the Mavericks image on there?

Fresh install.
From where did you download this "Mavericks image"?

Ok, thanks. I haven't downloaded yet, should I infer that it is unavailable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back