Contribute
Register

[Guide] Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A06US Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite installed and working well. Internal soundcard working, internal webcam working, ethernet working. Now I'd like to try and configure the trackpad and keyboard. Would anyone have any advice on that?

Which trackpad does your laptop have?

Thank you. I'll try it out this evening.

I'm also having trouble booting from the EFI partition, it's happy booting from the USB but I'd like to not have to use it as it's slow and not as tidy.

Would you be able to tell me how I should have my HDD set up in terms of partitions and position to enable me to boot from Clover installed on an EFI partition?

Thank you. I'll try it out this evening.

I'm also having trouble booting from the EFI partition, it's happy booting from the USB but I'd like to not have to use it as it's slow and not as tidy.

Would you be able to tell me how I should have my HDD set up in terms of partitions and position to enable me to boot from Clover installed on an EFI partition?

Install Clover to HDD EFI with the same setup as for USB.

Thank you. I'm new to using kexts - from your Github download (.zip) how do I find/create the kext?

Thank you for all your help by the way.

Read the README.

Replaced the wifi card with Atheros AR5B95 today. Working well - this is a good little machine which is happily running Yosemite.

One thing I'd like to try and fix is the screen brightness, but I'm sure this would be tricky. Currently there are no controls in the Energy Saver pane for brightness. I have manual access to three levels of brightness:

• Medium/Normal - brightness from turning the computer on with mains adaptor plugged in
  • Low - removing the mains adaptor dims the screen
  • High - reconnecting mains adaptor brings the brightness to its highest perceived level

If anyone's aware of a way of controlling this from Yosemite, I'd like to know.

Replaced the wifi card with Atheros AR5B95 today. Working well - this is a good little machine which is happily running Yosemite.

One thing I'd like to try and fix is the screen brightness, but I'm sure this would be tricky. Currently there are no controls in the Energy Saver pane for brightness. I have manual access to three levels of brightness:

• Medium/Normal - brightness from turning the computer on with mains adaptor plugged in
  • Low - removing the mains adaptor dims the screen
  • High - reconnecting mains adaptor brings the brightness to its highest perceived level

If anyone's aware of a way of controlling this from Yosemite, I'd like to know.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back