1. Mac Pro
Build:

Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A06US

Intel® Core™ i3-2370M Processor 2.4 GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Atheros AR5B95 Wifi

320 GB HDD

Working: Wifi, Battery, Sound

Not working(yet): gestures on trackpad, brightness adjustment.

Follow [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI and create a bootable USB. Make sure you use the "
config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist" (this one works) Also make sure when you partition your drive before install, Make sure you make a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition and a MSDOS (FAT32) partition before you install Yosemite. The Fat32 is for your Clover Boot loader so it doesn't need to be big.

Once you follow Rehab Man's [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI
you can use this Bootable USB to install Yosemite on the Samsung HDD Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. Once install is complete and you are in Yosemite on the laptop, eject your USB.

Using a computer with internet, put Clover on the USB and reconnect it to your hack laptop.

Using Clover, install "CLOVER EFI" to the MSDOS(fat32) partition you created on your HDD. This will allow for booting without the USB. Again this should be done following Rehab Man's
[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI .
After properly booting to yosemite without the USB then we fix other issues.

Next use supplied kext Utility and kexts to fix wifi, sound, and battery.

WiFi: AtherosWiFiInjector.kext

Ethernet:AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

Audio: VooDooHDA.kext

Battery:AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

Supplied files:
View attachment AtherosWiFiInjector.kext.zip

View attachment AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

View attachment Kext Utility.app.zip

View attachment VoodooHDA.kext.zip

View attachment AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.zip

View attachment AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

All props to Rehab man and anyone else that worked on this, for your incredible work.

Yosemite on Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A06US Using Clover

Build:

Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A06US

Intel® Core™ i3-2370M Processor 2.4 GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Atheros AR5B95 Wifi

320 GB HDD

The i3-2370M does not have HD4000. Sandy Bridge CPU has HD3000.

Working: Wifi, Battery, Sound

Not working(yet): gestures on trackpad, brightness adjustment.

Which trackpad is in the laptop?

Backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Battery:AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

Instead of a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext, implement battery status with just ACPIBatteryManager.kext and DSDT patches. There is a patch already in the repo for this laptop. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

I have the NP300E5C-A07US; it have pretty much the same specs other than a 500GB Toshiba that was from a refurb.

The laptop has a Elan 3P touchpad, and the best kext I found online is found on OSXLatitude forum. It includes gesture, and tracking speeds are reasonable OOB. Hopefully I won't get banned for posting this link...
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
P.S.: I don't recommend using 4.4.5 as 2 finger scrolling is gone, but Launchpad and app switch 3 finger still works.

And config.plist requires dropping SSDT CpuPm and Cpu0Ist, both of which are not included with RehabMan's config.plist, and would require dropping manually.

Hopefully the bump provides good information and that I won't get banned for this...

Thanks very much for the guide. I'm trying to to apply the process here to a Samsung NP300E5C-A0BUK

I've used the config for the 4000 graphics on my chip.

My problem is that the USB stick isn't recognised by the boot loader (no description next to the USB HDD boot option in the BIOS). Any advice would be greatly received.

I have both the partitions on the USB as MBR and the stick is a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade.

Thanks.

Thanks very much for the guide. I'm trying to to apply the process here to a Samsung NP300E5C-A0BUK

I've used the config for the 4000 graphics on my chip.

My problem is that the USB stick isn't recognised by the boot loader (no description next to the USB HDD boot option in the BIOS). Any advice would be greatly received.

I have both the partitions on the USB as MBR and the stick is a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade.

Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by "no description next to the USB HDD"...

Why would that matter? You should be using your BIOS hotkey to reach the boot menu, not BIOS setup.

Not sure what you mean by "no description next to the USB HDD"...

Why would that matter? You should be using your BIOS hotkey to reach the boot menu, not BIOS setup.

Thanks for the quick reply. These Samsung laptops don't have a USB boot hotkey, the boot list order has to be changed in the BIOS.

I've managed to find a resolve to the issue of booting from the USB stick; apparently 'fast boot' must be disabled in the BIOS. Currently installing OS X Yosemite.

Thanks for the quick reply. These Samsung laptops don't have a USB boot hotkey, the boot list order has to be changed in the BIOS.

I've managed to find a resolve to the issue of booting from the USB stick; apparently 'fast boot' must be disabled in the BIOS. Currently installing OS X Yosemite.

Yes, "fast boot" typically needs to be disabled for a variety of reasons...

Yosemite installed and working well. Internal soundcard working, internal webcam working, ethernet working. Now I'd like to try and configure the trackpad and keyboard. Would anyone have any advice on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back