Contribute
Register

[Guide] Samsung NP880Z5E-X01XX using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi sir,
i repeated to make the bootable usb, but i am having the same result.
i downloaded my OSX from someone's mac, and it seems during the installation it was verifying the device id (or some sort of) before it can proceed. i think since the installer was not able to verify that the device it was trying to install to and the device from where it was downloaded from are the same, it did not proceed with the install??

i also read from the internet that that:
"could not find installation information for this machine"
Probably this message pops up when the validation server is unreachable and some users (trying to reinstall from their mac) tethered their connection from other device just to be able to connect to the internet.
from this, i think my device was not able to detect the NIC?

also from the installation menu, terminal can be accessed. is there any commands we can use to diagnose or get logs to look into the issue? (sorry maybe i am just over thinking)
thanks

Last edited:
hi sir,
i repeated to make the bootable usb, but i am having the same result.
i downloaded my OSX from someone's mac, and it seems during the installation it was verifying the device id (or some sort of) before it can proceed. i think since the installer was not able to verify that the device it was trying to install to and the device from where it was downloaded from are the same, it did not proceed with the install??

i also read from the internet that that:
"could not find installation information for this machine"
Probably this message pops up when the validation server is unreachable and some users (trying to reinstall from their mac) tethered their connection from other device just to be able to connect to the internet.
from this, i think my device was not able to detect the NIC?

also from the installation menu, terminal can be accessed. is there any commands we can use to diagnose or get logs to look into the issue? (sorry maybe i am just over thinking)
thanks

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Just wondering if the creator of this thread is still around.

I am, but I don't have this laptop anymore.
But ask away.

Samsung NP880Z5E-X01XX
Yosemite Install Guide.
version 0.2 by Vairn

I have a SAMSUNG ATIV Book2 NP27OE5U-KO1LK. It has Intel HD Graphics 4000. And I installed Mac OS Sierra in it. But still I don't know how to fix the Graphic Issue for it. It's showing that I have 4MB memory. Once I upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra It worked but Apple Logo appears in booting gets corrupted before going to the Login Screen. Now I'm running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 I want to know How to fix this issue. I already tried editing my config.plist in clover folder but it crashes the whole system and make the laptop restart in continuous loops. Please if any of you know approximate kexts or code, let me know. It would be really appreciated!

I have a SAMSUNG ATIV Book2 NP27OE5U-KO1LK. It has Intel HD Graphics 4000. And I installed Mac OS Sierra in it. But still I don't know how to fix the Graphic Issue for it. It's showing that I have 4MB memory. Once I upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra It worked but Apple Logo appears in booting gets corrupted before going to the Login Screen. Now I'm running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 I want to know How to fix this issue. I already tried editing my config.plist in clover folder but it crashes the whole system and make the laptop restart in continuous loops. Please if any of you know approximate kexts or code, let me know. It would be really appreciated!

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 185
I even tried this including replacing the relavant config.plist file to Intel HD Graphics 4000, installing and the kexts in the links provided. But the problem still remains the same!
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Upload your "problem reporting" files here

I think my display is eDP. So that's why OS X drivers are not supported!

Last edited:
I even tried this including replacing the relavant config.plist file to Intel HD Graphics 4000, installing and the kexts in the links provided. But the problem still remains the same!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back